Paris Hilton

Apologizes

'Gays are Strong, Inspiring'

9/21/2012 5:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0921_paris_hilton_01
Paris Hilton
has issued an apology for the comments she made about gay men ... saying, "Gay people are the strongest and most inspiring people I know."

Of course, Hilton's apology is in response to a secretly recorded piece of audio released earlier this week which caught the heiress saying such gems like, "Gay guys are the horniest people in the world. Most of them probably have AIDS."

Paris had already released a statement trying to explain herself ... but now, she's issued a full-on apology -- posted on GLAAD's website, no less -- saying, "I am so sorry and so upset that I caused pain to my gay friends, fans and their families with the comments heard this morning."

"I was having this private conversation with a friend of mine who is gay and our conversation was in no way towards the entire gay community. It is the last thing that I would ever want to do and I cannot put into words how much I wish I could take back every word."

She continued, "Gay people are the strongest and most inspiring people I know ... Again, I am so sorry from the bottom of my heart and I feel absolutely horrible. I hope that everyone can accept my apology and know that it is not who I am or how I feel in any way."

KnuckleDragger

Do I forgive Paris? That's funny. First I'd have to give a shìt about what she says. I don't.

Quinn

I private conversation, probably after alcohol, with a gay friend. It's not that big a deal.

ragu4u

That's not quite what I heard that she had said. "Gays are like blacks, every member of the 1% should own one".

tony gee

Who would listen to a spokesperson for VALTREX?

This dumbo bimbo has been dating or still dating 3/4 of Hollywood.
It seems like she is tasting ever guy in town.
She is the "town dip."

How old is this biacth, now? And still dating anything that moves.?

Nobody will marry her because since
they are getting it for free,
why wed the idiot?

Always a bridesmaid but never the bride
She'll be a spinster.

JDUB

I've said things that can be taken out of context and things that are really hyperbolic that I didn't really mean literally. Also, I am gay and I think she has a point, gay men do tend to be highly promiscuous.

Toilethead

I think she just needed some attention. Other blond dingbats are getting all the headlines.

Nate

She has nothing to apologize for. The topic was of this gay sex club where men would have sex with random strangers and usually with out protection. You can here all of this in the short out of context illegal audio recording.

Ih8Taxes

Too bad...we had a nice long stretch for a while without having to hear about this ho.

pak1

HOOKAH!

starshine79

does anybody care what paris hilton thi ks about anything? does it matter if she thinks gays are gross or amazing? who decided that anything she says bares any weight at all? don't apologize Paris. continue to say stupid, shallow, vapid, and ignorant things, it does not matter, because she doesn't matter.

phil

hippocrite. She said exactly what she meant, how she felt. It was not an off the wall comment. The average person doesnt speak like that. Gays should stop working with her, supporting her, lets see how much more $$ she can make. Shes so dumb its not funny. Not even young children speak like her...

Ms.Hoodchick21

PARIS DONT SAY NOTHING GIRL JUST SHUT AND LOOK CUTE CAUSE WHENEVR U SAY ANYTHING U ALWAY SEEM 2 BE AS DUMB AS U LOOK

Carl

I'm certain she is thrilled to be showing up on TMZ again. Back in the early days of TMZ she had the role of "useless celebrity everyone is inexplicably fascinated with". Then she got overtaken by Lindsay, Heidi Montag, and now Amanda Bynes.

Jake

This is a non-story. Period!

The only part anyone should be talking about is the cabby should be prosecuted the taping of the comments in his cab at any time for for any person.

He should face a long prison time as a message, and restitutions made to Paris for her discomfort by this vicious cabby.

Elmer Fudd

Does anyone actually take anything that comes out of her mouth seriously?? If so you lack I.Q!! This is from Elmer Fudd and I can't catch that damn wabbit!!