AJ McLean to Cop:

Please Don't Bust Me ...

I'm a Backstreet Boy!!!

10/2/2012 3:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

100212_aj_launch
Backstreet Boy AJ McLean came face-to-face with the long arm of the law early this morning ... and even though he didn't say it specifically, he TOTALLY tried to play the celebrity card to get out of a ticket.

McLean was pulled over in Hollywood around 1 AM when the LAPD noticed a problem with his license plates.

Once the boybander got out of the car, the plea for mercy was on ... with McLean explaining how he just wrapped up a concert tour ... and simply didn't realize there was a problem.

During the stop, McLean brings up the tour several times ... making sure the cop knew how big of a star he is.

Unfortunately, the officer seemed to be more of a New Kids on the Block fan ... and at one point, McLean says, "We actually just got off tour with them."

So how did it end? Turns out, McLean's registration was fine -- but the cop issued AJ a citation for not having the proper proof of insurance.

It's unclear if McLean will have to fork over any cash for the infraction -- but he can probably afford it with all the money he makes on tour ... right?

PT

Thought: Celebrities, pool your funds. Hire a bunch of people to make illegal u-turns, pass improperly, hang their tags upside down, anything to distract the LA fuzz and keep them occupied. Then you can safely drive to and from your homes.

Jen

That is more of a reason to bust him.

Tammy

What issue with his plates did the cop stop him for if his registration was fine? Because you're telling me there was nothing wrong with his registration.

laffnbear

If only 12 year old girls could be cops. Problem solved.

Sonja

I've been pulled over because the light that is supposed to illuminate the rear plate was out. At least it wasn't another celeb DUI deal.

Babydoll0630

LOL! They're gonna arrest me if I cross the street......GOOD!! FINALLY.

LCS27

LMFAO...he's more a street boy

gary

I am surprise AJ didn't offer to blow him.

Sam Karr

How pathetic. He has to brag to the cop about his "celebrity." Dude, get over yourself. The cop doesn't know, or care who you are. Take note, One Direction and Bieber, this will be you one day ... trying desperately to get people to think your actually a somebody after you're all washed up.

who dat

TMZ you're out of stories. Just admit it and move on

Stacy

He should have told them he knew Shaggs.

sidithers

Too bad cops cant write a ticket for being a lame douchebag

DaveT

Haha he didn't brag and didn't say don't ticket because I'm a Backstreet Boy.
But hey...it's worth a shot, next time a cop pulls me over I'm telling them I'm The Rock...

Phishie from Philly

What a bit.ch.
Phishie from Philly

Toilethead

They should bust him simply for being a backstreet boy.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments