'The Bachelor'

No Black Men ...

No Problem!

10/17/2012 12:02 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
TMZ TV

101612_bachelor2_still
A judge says "The Bachelor" doesn't have to cast African-Americans -- so it's time to celebrate ... if you're a Black man. Seriously, who wants to deal with 25 women constantly fighting and bitching?

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

isaiah

Seriously, this judge is a moron for comparing The Bachelor to The Cosby Show.

Juliana

I think this was the right call.

Tony

No different than all-black shows excluding white people (Cosby, Martin, anything Tyler Perry) or the ENTIRE BLACK CHANNEL (BET) where you won't see a white person anywhere -- not even on a commercial.

Why is this not considered racially biased? Hmm?

Enough Already

TMZ...I couldn't agree with you more. BE THANKFUL you guys that you AREN'T on that show!!! The Bachelor and The Bachelorette are two of the most wasted TV space there is!!! NO ONE ever lasts more than a couple months after the "final rose" so why even do this show.?!?!?! It's a joke!!! Not to mention that they never bring "new" talent to the shows; it's always the rejects from the previous season. ABC....give it up already!!! Those two shows have run it's course!!! SNOOZE FEST!!!!

Mike

Why was this a lawsuit? Since when do lack men want o get married? It is called the bachelor not search or a baby mama

Queenofmyhouse

This show is bull anyway... For the record I am like Baskin Robin.. I like all flavors, but to sit here and look at all of these comments that are degrading African American women... just dumb!

Sincerity

I completely understand where the judge is coming from. As long as the company that produces this show receives no "STATE OR FEDERAL" funding, creatively, it can do "WHATEVER IT PLEASES"!!! IT'S ALL GOOD!!! This opens up an "OPPORTUNITY" for ABC's competitors to produce similar shows that will be MUCH MORE "RACIALLY" INCLUSIVE!!! This judge just handed "The Bachelor" a "DEATH SENTENCE"!!! The vast majority of reality TV shows are "RACIALLY INCLUSIVE" and "PEOPLE OF COLOR" should avoid watching this "CRAPPY AZZ SHOW" LIKE "THE PLAGUE" and "NOT SUPPORT ITS ADVERTISERS"!!! HE WHO LAUGHS LAST, LAUGHS THE BEST!!!

GreyWolf

Why would any African American want to be on this crap fest of a tv show anyway? The show is stupid and shows how desperate woman are to find a man. Hell, I'm surprised this stupid "show" is still on.

MADE MAN

It's fake anyway!!! What respectable woman looks for love on national tv? Geez I'm a man and I feel like these kind of shows exploit women so why can't women see it??? I guess it's because white women are lined up looking for for love. It's just like that other millionaire man show a fraud. I'm glad blacks aren't allowed on the show.

Afronerd

This will be discussed along with other topics tonight at afronerdradio.com, 7pm sharp! The call in number is 646-915-9620!

ISN'T IT TIME FOR A CHANGE? A TIME TO SWITCH THE PERCEPTION THAT BLACKS FOLKS CURRENTLY POSSESS. ENOUGH! ENOUGH OF THE MINSTRELS! ENOUGH OF NO TALENTS WEARING AFRO-SAXON TOUPEES OR CAUCASIAN HAIR HATS! HAVEN'T YOU HAD YOUR FILL OF MTO SHOWCASING AND MAKING MONEY OFF OF BLACK DYSFUNCTIONALISM AND EMBARRASSMENT?

AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT, CHECK OUT AFRONERDRADIO.COM TONIGHT (AND EVERY WED) AT 7PM. FOR URBAN ALTERNATIVE MUSIC, PROGRESSIVE HIP HOP, BLACK ROCK, FUNK, ETC (YOU KNOW, THE MUSIC THAT CORPORATE RADIO STATIONS REFUSE TO PLAY THAT DOESN'T INSULT BLACK PEOPLE, WOMEN OR CULTURE!!!). THE TOPICS: last night's 2nd presidential debate appears to point to Mr. Obama rising from the ashes not unlike the mythical phoenix; noted conservative pundit/college president/author and recent filmmaker, Dinesh D'souza appears to have been caught in a rather embarrassing (if not hypocritical) predicament relating to infidelity; in tech or new invention news-stay tuned for the cable TV killer called, "Boxee" and a bike that was constructed out of cardboard; an upstate NY High School performs a blackface routine mocking Chris Brown and Rihanna and if time permits, the Bachelor tv show receives a surprise court decision regarding its racial conundrum. CALL THE HOSTS LIVE AT 646-915-9620. TIME TO THROW UP (OOPS) THROW OUT THE CLOWNS!

Kath

While we are at it why don't we have:
NET=Native American TV
GET=German TV
AET-Asian TV
FET=French TV
and so on.
Just follow along, someone will comment on a group of (American's) I forgot.
I am so glad that I live in America, and have the freedom to choose what I want to watch on TV. I also have a remote control that allows me to change the channel if I don't like whats on.
Get over being racist, it's so last decade.

Steve

In regards to The Bachelor ruling, its no different than Miss Black USA pageant, more relevant than Cosby Show

Nostraldumass

How about 'Basketball wives?Love and hip hop, the NFL? NBA ?
Can we all just get along?

keepitpushn310

no-wonder they said we evolved from monkey's...we still have racism and we r all human beings...my bad every1 wasnt born wit the same pigment

Interestedinnews

Seriously, all the brother players I ever knew did not want their girlfriends to know about each other. "Bachelor" is a stupid-white-people-who-read-wedding-and-romance-magazines show.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments