Uppercut Bus Driver

FIRED

You Broke the Rules

11/6/2012 9:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

**WARNING -- VIDEO CONTAINS REALLY BAD LANGUAGE**

The Cleveland bus driver who fired back at an aggressive female passenger with a FEROCIOUS uppercut to the face ... has been fired by his bus company.

The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority has announced ... Artis Hughes was terminated from his job ... for not following policy after he was assaulted by the passenger back in September.

In a statement, the RTA explains ...  "Mr. Hughes claims that his actions were in self-defense. The evidence does not support that claim."

"We expect our employees to diffuse any potential situation. We do not believe that Mr. Hughes took the proper steps to diffuse this situation."

"The proper procedure would have been to pull over and stop the bus, then call Transit Police for assistance."

However, RTA does say ... "The customer was out of line and charges have been filed against her."

Moments after the driver smacked the woman, he told her, "She wanna be a man, I'm gonna treat you like a man."

So far, no comment from the bus driver.

tiffany

yes she was wrong for being rude BUT no man should ever put his hands on any female, and anyone who thinks what this man did is ok has a serious problem

Detrick

He could have avoided the incident, but i'm glad someone finally treated her with some "respect". THis probably didn't happen soon enough.

JDL

Whoa! This is what happens if u push someone on their limits! That upper cut is SOLID! But damn, she have a solid face too, for not getting knocked out after that! Geez!

Carissa

Lil girls with no respect shouda learned to duck instead of just running her mouth. There is no excuse for what she did to provoke what he did and although I am not a fan of a man beating on a woman, this one I gotta say should learn to act like a woman instead of a spoiled child with an adult mouth. I am never gonna have my daughters acting like that not will i have my sons defending my daughters whoa act like that. Stop acting like trash and you won't get tossed out like she did !!!! she deserved it.

Andre

I hope a white chick gets this

eivissa

Tell Al Sharptin and Jessie Jackson a black girl got hit and they were all using the 'N' word over and over.

~friggin' loser animals~

Melissa

HA!!! That's what she gets !! I cannot STAND loud women who run their mouths and act like animals !!

kelly j

Cant blame him one bit,shes acting like godzilla!

Holy_One

I'm so sick of females acting a fool and trying act like men. The driver was somewhat in the right , but he shouldn't of hit her. That guy is in control of the bus . She was putting everyone on the bus in danger by hitting the driver. Females cant keep pushing and hitting men and think nothing is going to happen. It seem like their is a lot of this going around where females keep egging someone on until they snap and then they try to press charges like they did nothing wrong. She knew what she was doing and she got what she deserved .

Patty

She wants to act badass and do what she did, i would have beat her ass too. Two thumbs up for the bus driver, she had it coming, i hope she felt every bit of it. Act like a ho treated like a ho

Anymouse

Way to perpetuate a stereotype lady!

She deserved it.

JW

I've never hit a woman in my life, but I would have beat her until my arm hurt. Filthy, foul mouth, ignorant piece of trash. Go buddy go. I watch this about five times.

Bee

She deserved it! This is WHY no one likes to date black girls... THEY WANNA ACT LIKE CRAZY MEN BUT WANNA GET TREATED LIKE A LADY... PLEASE, THIS IS PROOF!

Give this man a bonus!

kgg

That trifling bitch got what she deserved. Hope he finds another, better job very soon where he won't have to spend his day uppercutting *******s.

Soboojie420

That Mother****ing need to try that **** w me. No reason to uppercut a woman. That bitchass driver.