Uppercut Bus Driver

FIRED

You Broke the Rules

11/6/2012 9:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

**WARNING -- VIDEO CONTAINS REALLY BAD LANGUAGE**

The Cleveland bus driver who fired back at an aggressive female passenger with a FEROCIOUS uppercut to the face ... has been fired by his bus company.

The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority has announced ... Artis Hughes was terminated from his job ... for not following policy after he was assaulted by the passenger back in September.

In a statement, the RTA explains ...  "Mr. Hughes claims that his actions were in self-defense. The evidence does not support that claim."

"We expect our employees to diffuse any potential situation. We do not believe that Mr. Hughes took the proper steps to diffuse this situation."

"The proper procedure would have been to pull over and stop the bus, then call Transit Police for assistance."

However, RTA does say ... "The customer was out of line and charges have been filed against her."

Moments after the driver smacked the woman, he told her, "She wanna be a man, I'm gonna treat you like a man."

So far, no comment from the bus driver.

jonathan

she wanna throw blows hit her ass back. My momma always taught me a women is suppose to know her place and if a women wants to put hands on you you have to defend yourself!! i dont believe in men hitting women by all means. but a women want to act like a man its true she get bombed on.

Mrs. Gossip

What a shame dude dealt with that chick's bull**** longer than I would have. He should be TIME'S person of the year.

ladydiinpa

he had plenty of years in..I hope he is alright...hopefully if he is not ready to retire--he can find something else..she crossed the line--deserved what she got, & I do not condone violence..but come on once you spit...it's ova...

raspberry

He should not have been fired, she put his life and others on the bus in danger. She got what she deserved!!!!!!! Maybe it wouldve been a lesson to riders to stay in their lane

TiffC

The bus driver is a hero! Support this FB page.

JO

I wouldn't worry if I were in his shoes. His company DID make a PR decision in firing him. However, they did say, "... after he was assaulted by the passenger back in September... The customer was out of line and charges have been filed against her."

He'll get another job with a higher pay b/c I can totally see the company give him a good referral. :)

MCSquared

No matter what, Mr. Hughes is my hero!!

Ben Choad

The RTA just released a statement regarding their service:
"The RTA looks forward to continue to serve our community and transport our passengers to their destination safely. Furthermore, we will continue to upper cut any bitch that steps out of line."

Troi

While I agree with others that you shouldn't hit a woman/lady,.....this cir***stance, the bitch had it coming. That bitch spit at me, I'll kick your ass too. Bus policy my ass,....in a threatening(sp) situation like that,....he defended hisself, she deserved every blow,....great video by the way. Hope the dtiver gets his job back, and if not, hope he gets something even better. Just an fyi,....two years ago our bus drivers were okayed to carry a gun on their routes,.....so there bitch.

James

So happy I'm white!

Dirk Diggler

damn! that's straight out of nintendo punchout. all we need is Chris Tucker to come by and yell, "You just got knocked the **** out!!!"

Sunshyne

She is talking about her man, going to beat breaks off of him. Where was her man, when she was catching the bus? He must not be much of a man, if he has a lady catching the bus.

somewhere in Texas

Fire him, no. Desk duty for awhile. I have seen what these drivers have to deal with on a daily basis. Potty mouth riders,drunks, wacked outs, people feeling they deserve a free ride (repeat offenders on that one). Sadly they can't put on headphones like I do.

Roz7337

Give him his job back.

Brianne

If you ask me, the bitch deserved it. I know I'm a controversial minority saying this, but screw all that "a man should never hit a woman" ****. A man should never hit a woman - unless she blasts him first. As soon as she attacked him, especially the way she did, rules out the doors. I'm a little white girl - bet your ass you'd never see me acting like that to a man, jumping him while he's driving a massive vehicle full of people on a busy road, and not expect to get whacked back!