Uppercut Bus Driver

FIRED

You Broke the Rules

11/6/2012 9:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

**WARNING -- VIDEO CONTAINS REALLY BAD LANGUAGE**

The Cleveland bus driver who fired back at an aggressive female passenger with a FEROCIOUS uppercut to the face ... has been fired by his bus company.

The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority has announced ... Artis Hughes was terminated from his job ... for not following policy after he was assaulted by the passenger back in September.

In a statement, the RTA explains ...  "Mr. Hughes claims that his actions were in self-defense. The evidence does not support that claim."

"We expect our employees to diffuse any potential situation. We do not believe that Mr. Hughes took the proper steps to diffuse this situation."

"The proper procedure would have been to pull over and stop the bus, then call Transit Police for assistance."

However, RTA does say ... "The customer was out of line and charges have been filed against her."

Moments after the driver smacked the woman, he told her, "She wanna be a man, I'm gonna treat you like a man."

So far, no comment from the bus driver.

Melisa

He should have copped the reaction defense. You can't control a reaction and is a very legitimate and understandable defense to just about anyone. Is there a fund for the bus driver I can donate to?

kitnplayn

There's you're trouble, America. The men in your society seem to think that violence is what makes you a man. It's not. What makes you a man is maturity, self-control and humanity.

jaycob fuchser

THATS ****ED UP SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN FIRED GIVE THE MAN A RAISE HE HAD TO DEAL WITH A BUNCH OF LOUD ASS PEAPLE ALL DAY EVERY DAY AND THEN GET PICKED ON 4 DOING HIS JOB THAT BITCH GOT WHAT SHE HAD COMEIN

RobRod

I Loved This Video. Woman wanted to be a man. She talks like a low life, ghetto, ghetto, ghetto. I hate to say this but this woman is a typical stereotype black woman with little edumacation. LOL. She assaulted him. Hello? If a woman like her assaulted me, I too would have whooped her. The only difference is this, if a woman hits me, I give her a stern warning, you do that again and I will beat your ass in order to defend myself. Don't do it again. She had it coming.

baybek8s

As usual trash has taken the pharse "the customer is always right" and twisted it . Hood rats continue to win.

I quick

I drove a bus for RTC LAS VEGAS, NV. They are the most abused people, short of Homeless. I was rob, hit, spit on, guns pointed at me. Saw beatings, robbery, ***********, oral sex just mention a few..

k3Vo

hhhahhahhahhah she so deserved it

liquidbabydoll

POW! great hit

komodo

First i think he was out of line even though she did deserve it but for the few people who are on the woman's side, what do you think would have happened if by her assaulting the driver possibly caused him to lose control of a 30,000 pound BUS and take some innocent persons life, or injure someone on the bus. He should not have been fired, disciplined yes, and as for lawsuit against the woman, i hope they ban her from ever riding the bus again.

joy

I felt that from here. Hate to be his wife his pimp slap should be off the hook

tetra3

Ahh, and black people wonder why the rest of the world looks at them like animals!

sugacan

I bet you couldn't pay that low budget ho to spit on, slap and curse out anyone else! She got exactly what she deserved. I am a female and I LMAO every time I watch this video!

I hope the bus driver gets his job back or someone offers him something better for twice the pay!

sscarzz

Suspend the driver not fire him.

voiceofreason

I ride the public transportation system in Los Angeles on a daily basis. I wish more drivers had a backbone to handle obnoxious riders!

Spencer B in MD

Artis Hughes - You were SO IN THE RIGHT TO PUNCH THAT B*TCH! Sue the Bus Company - If I am on the jury, I will award you a lot of money! Please sue the Bus Company! You are a hero, Artis Hughes!