Diane Sawyer

Drunk, Tired or Flustered?

11/7/2012 5:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

110712_diane_sawyer_abc

Diane Sawyer
was the toast of ABC last night. The question -- was she toasted?

A wacky Sawyer, slurring her words and rambling on about nothing, spoke haltingly as she tried to navigate the election returns.

Lots of viewers turned off their TV sets wondering if Sawyer was anchoring with a .12 blood alcohol level -- i.e., she seemed really drunk.

One thing's for sure ... Something very different was going on with her as she clumsily threw to reporters in the field.

Watch the video and judge for yourself.

ibjujub

Lulu

So what?!! It was hilarious... You guys never had to stay up all night for something and then your body just couldn't handle anymore? Only difference.. she had cameras ALL OVER to do***ent it.. She's lovely, give her a break!

Lisa

Actually being a nurse I would be one that would have her checked to make sure she wasn't actually having a small stroke. I have seen it before and making fun or not those around her if they knew she was off which was apparent she should be checked.

YOURNOTONMYLEVEL10

she can barely sit up in her chair, completely plastered, embarrasing. the look on her co-anchor and field reporters' faces says it all

joe

she popped a xanex for sure

NormT

old habits die hard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HtaSWZM2mMU

Nikki

I watched ABC news all evening for the election returns and never once did I think she was drunk. If I was basing my opinion off these two clips then I'd say yes, but over hours of coverage that wasn't the case.

sandy

Definately Drunk:)

sandy

Definitely Drunk -- no doubt about it!

sandy

She probably was exhausted from working round the clock , so a combination of no sleep, working and maybe even one glass of anything would put you over the edge.

Lasher

1 too many zannie bars me thinks, not drunk

kate

she's earned the right to tip back one or two....hey Paul I need tickets to your gig in Edmonton...my 2 sons ages 12 and 16 love you.

kate

There are some diseases where slurring is an issue.
MS or multiple sclerosis for one, and it becomes more pronounced when tired.
Also I think for women, as they age, they become less tolerant and more effected by alcohol.
That said, if she was snookered on National TV, That's gotta stop...not professional.

ron

Diane - Shame on you for being so reckless in your job on Tuesday night.

Gargoylet

She seemed loaded. Jessica Savitch was fired for less than this.