CNN Anchor

Jonah Hill Treated

Me Like 'The Help'

11/9/2012 7:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

110912_lemon_cnnCNN anchor Don Lemon says Jonah Hill is a rude, arrogant a-hole who treated him like "the help" when he tried to shake the actor's hand during a recent run-in at a hotel ... and now he's trashing the actor to anyone who will listen.

For the past 24 hours, a very bitter Lemon has been on a mission to blast Hill across multiple media platforms ... starting on Twitter ... and ending on "Starting Point with Soledad O'Brien."

It all began yesterday ... when Lemon tweeted, "Said hi to @jonahhill in hotel. Think he thought i was bellman. Didn't know his name til bellman told me. A lesson to always be kind."

Hill -- clearly upset -- fired back, "I said hi what do you want me to do move in with you? I was in a hurry. Didn't realize you were a 12 year old girl. Peace."

Jonah added, "I walked out of the restroom and found you waiting for me. Shook hands, said hi and was on my way. Sorry if you found that rude."

The two continued to cyber-spar ... until Don went on CNN this morning to further exploit the feud and said, "Jonah Hill doesn't owe me anything, and he may have been having a bad day ... but Jonah Hill treated me like the help."

Lemon admits Hill DID shake his hand during the exchange ... but it was a "wet handshake" ... clearly not up to Lemon's standards.

"Normally it doesn’t bother me, but I was done ... because I’d been taught by mother to always be kind to people," Lemon said.

Don also said he expected an apology from Jonah. Don't hold your breath.

Eventually, one of the members of the CNN panel suggested a solution --a smokeout -- adding, "Your love of marijuana could bring you guys together."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Jay W.

Don is a sensitive man... rainbow.

JFO

And I admit that I could give a crap less about two egos going at it over who was rude to whom. Who cares???????????????

Cheryl A.

I don't know who either of them are but if someone says hello to someone famous, all they will get back, in most cases, is a hello in return. It sounds worse then my children bickering back and forth and I still have 5 little ones at home.

marymac

LOVE Don Lemon! Jonah Hill Feldstein on the other hand is an arrogant pudgeball. :)

Non-believer

So Don thinks it is okay to be rude to the Help but not people as Important as HE thinks HE is. What an A-HOLE! Get a life you dumb A.

furious cupcakes

If you didn't know his name before someone told you, then why are you randomly walking up to people you don't know looking for a handshake or some weird kind of validation? This guy is just upset because he is probably known in his small news community and not on a larger scale of fame...the snub just bruised his ego.

bozzman

i think don is under the false impression that strangers know who he is. i watch cnn and i wouldn't recognize him. but of course, any problem a black person has is because white people are racist. the help? really don?

akm

Treated you like "the help"? WTH? Do you think you're better than "the help'?

SevenCostanza

Sounds like Don has sand in his vagina...

Mike

Sounds like he's not used to being snubbed, what a baby.

john

Who is this self entitled Don the moron? And he keeps talking about the "help", like its OK for "them" to be treated badly. F.U. Don, you are nobody and the "help" will always be better than your useless, teleprompter reading, bad hair, minority looser a$$.

jdub

What a drama queen.

wendy

Don needs to grow up and realize not everything is about the color of his skin. get over yourself and man up

Kelly

Don Lemon is a cry baby! I guess he didn't get the memo that famous people don't go on the air to complain that someone else who's famous didn't treat them famous enough! Lemon sounds like a sniveling loser!

Laura

Pretty sure the world has bigger problems than this.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments