Voice of Elmo's

Email to Accuser

'I Keep Talking About Sex with You'

11/13/2012 6:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Kevin Clash, the voice of Elmo
Kevin Clash -- the man who voices Elmo -- had an email exchange with his accuser in 2010 in which he apologized for constantly talking about sex ... and promised to make all of his "dreams come true" ... TMZ has learned.

We broke the story ... Clash was disciplined by Sesame for sending a personal email from his Sesame Street email account. The email was sent to a man who now claims he had a sexual relationship with Clash when he was 16 and Clash was 45.

In the email -- sent well after the accuser turned 18 -- Clash writes, "I'm sorry that I keep talking about sex with you, its driving me insane."

He adds, "I want you to know that I love you and I will never hurt you. I'm here to protect you and make sure your dreams come true."

Clash continued, "I'll have my assistant book a ticket for you to come to NY and we can talk about this in person."

As we previously reported, Clash has acknowledged having a sexual relationship with the accuser but insists it only took place AFTER the accuser was an adult.

Clash has since taken a leave of absence from Sesame Street and says he will focus on fighting the allegations.

1112_elmo_through_the_years_footer_v2

Enlightened

So a MARRIED adult man admitting to a sexual relationship with a child -- don't give me that "nothing happened until the stroke of 12 on his 18th birthday crap, because I happen to have several functioning brain cells -- is not a sufficient reason for CTW to fire this idiot, yet we are supposed to continue to believe that they are an organization with children's best interests at heart. Face it -- we have devolved into a society that will embrace ANY behavior, no matter how reprehensible, so long as gays are involved. My heart goes out to Clash's innocent wife and children, and I suggest that everyone look closely at NAMBLA's game plan, since that is surely the direction in which we are headed as a nation. ConservativeBlackNetwork. com

Toilethead

Oops. I'm sure he'll make lots of friends in prison.

jen

Even if the accuser was an adult he was still awfully young and there is a huge age difference. He may not have broken the law but I personally always find it a little creepy when there is that big of an age difference.

HRH Prince Michael

Yet again: YOUR tax-dollars, hard "at-work".
Meanwhile, citizens in over THIRTY-states:
SECEDE.

poppy

Every day, someone, something takes away from children.. The world is changing to be an unsafe and unhealthy place for today's precious children. Sesame Street needs to leave the character of Elmo alone as many children LOVE this character . The voice of Kevin Clash needs to be REPLACED....laws need to be CHANGED and this PERVERT needs to own up and live with what he has done....if all of the info is indeed TRUE,...he needs to be PROSECUTED!..I will go one further...child molesters need to be EXECUTED on strike 1 as they will never change. We need to clean house so today's children have a better chance. The world is not the same one that I grew up as a child and it saddens me.

kirby

he messaged me on a gay chat site before, wish i still had the messages. i didn't go for it because he's ugly though

mel

are they having and elmo voice auditions!!?? i do a hands on elmo impression!!

KC

So, by him insisting it happened after the victim became an adult, makes it ok?!? Still a teen. Sick

mary

If what 2 consenting adults do in the bedroom is none of our business WHY DO WE HAVE TO HEAR ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never liked elmo and I never encourage my kids to watch him. annoying as hell and treats kids like they're morons. and now he's a perv.

the_truth_hurts

***its should not be allowed around kids...

Enlightened

OK, not married at the time that THIS (alleged) molestation started (divorced in 2003 and accused of having had sex with this child beginning in 2005), so I guess we can rest assured that this was the VERY FIRST sexual relationship that he ever had with a boy. All those years that he lived in NY, while his wife and daughter were living in Virginia, well, I'm sure he never had the slightest bit of interest in young boys until AFTER his divorce was finalized. (Interesting reading is "Elmo's Girl," the Oct. 2011 NY Post interview where he admits to having been absent for virtually all of his daughter's young life, until she finally emailed him at 16 or 17 and asked that he spend some time with her)

CWT needs to own up and do the right thing. He needs to be IMMEDIATELY FIRED. It is only a matter of time before more young men come forward, and CWT will look ever worse for not having acted promptly.

They are marketing to CHILDREN, so like it or not, those who work for them have a higher degree of moral responsibility. Sadly, Clash does not meet that standard. ConservativeBlackNetwork. com

Verna

Name one of us that havent been obsessed over a lover. Does that make him a molester? I hate to stereotype things, but it is not unusually for older males to seek out younger people. No not a juvenile but a young adult person. This is true for both strait and gay men. So this does not make him a sicko caused he fell for a young male adult person. If Kevin is being truthful, I cant understand the young man's motive for falsely accusing him of a crime. I truly hope the accusation is not true.

Julia

Jerry Sandusky with a puppet

IcarusAscending

Even if the accuser was 18 when the relationship began, it's psychologically and emotionally corrupt for a 45 year old man to pursue a relationship with an 18 year old. Such an age disparity is unhealthy for both parties. A relationship marked by such an age disparity is always about power and control on the part of the elder, period. Kevin Clash clearly has some serious issues.

IcarusAscending

I'm presently 43 years old. I can't imagine having any degree of psychological or emotional common ground with an 18 year old. I mean, it's just ludicrous. I'm not sure I would characterize Kevin Clash as a "molester" or "pedophile," but the dude is definitely damaged--and has perpetrated damage on the accuser, whether the accuser was 16 or 18.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments