Voice of Elmo's

Email to Accuser

'I Keep Talking About Sex with You'

11/13/2012 6:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Kevin Clash, the voice of Elmo
Kevin Clash -- the man who voices Elmo -- had an email exchange with his accuser in 2010 in which he apologized for constantly talking about sex ... and promised to make all of his "dreams come true" ... TMZ has learned.

We broke the story ... Clash was disciplined by Sesame for sending a personal email from his Sesame Street email account. The email was sent to a man who now claims he had a sexual relationship with Clash when he was 16 and Clash was 45.

In the email -- sent well after the accuser turned 18 -- Clash writes, "I'm sorry that I keep talking about sex with you, its driving me insane."

He adds, "I want you to know that I love you and I will never hurt you. I'm here to protect you and make sure your dreams come true."

Clash continued, "I'll have my assistant book a ticket for you to come to NY and we can talk about this in person."

As we previously reported, Clash has acknowledged having a sexual relationship with the accuser but insists it only took place AFTER the accuser was an adult.

Clash has since taken a leave of absence from Sesame Street and says he will focus on fighting the allegations.

1112_elmo_through_the_years_footer_v2

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Moderus

Isn't the accuser 23 now? Isn't that email from 2010? Wouldn't that make him TWENTY-ONE?!?!?! Where are you people getting that he was a child? Can anyone actually READ anymore? It reads like someone who hasn't done anything with said person. All you people jumping straight to the worse that a human can do is the sickening part.

IcarusAscending

According to the accuser, the sexual/romantic relationship BEGAN when the accuser was 16 years old. According to Kevin Clash, the sexual/romantic relationship began when the accuser was 18 years old. Either way, the relationship is not psychologically or emotionally sound. Either way, Kevin Clash was 45 and was dating a teenager. I can read just fine, thank you very much. My previous comments have nothing to do with one e-mail from 2010...

kctiger1818

This e-mail actually lends credence to Clash's version of events. They were obviously dating when it was sent and the accuser would've been around 21 or 22, making him a full adult in all 50 states. I think this makes it even more clear that Clash is telling the truth and the accuser is a liar out to get a quick pay day.

Sexy diva

I thought that Bert and Ernie was gay not Elmo who next big bird

IcarusAscending

It's completely irrelevant if the accuser pursued or initiated the relationship with Kevin Clash. At 45 years old, a healthy individual knows that someone 16, 18 or 20 has little idea of the psychological/emotional complexities of romantic/sexual relationships, and so the healthy 45 year old individual sets a boundary with the youngling. At a certain age, maturity tends to even out--a 45 year old dating a 35 year old is a non-issue, as is a 75 year old dating a 55 year old--but when one party is barely out of their teens and the other party is halfway to 50, there are psychological/emotional issues to be addressed! Drinking alcohol is legal at 21 years old, but that doesn't mean a 21 year old has a clue as to the repercussions of imbibing regularly.

IcarusAscending

"I'm sorry that I keep talking about sex with you, it's driving me insane." Even if the accuser was 21 when he received this particular e-mail, I gotta wonder how long Clash had been sending the accuser e-mails which referenced sex in some way...

IcarusAscending

Let's not forget that Clash was once married, so he was obviously late in coming to terms with his homosexuality. Considering that, it's very possible that his authentic sexual development was arrested in his teens--which can manifest, in adulthood, as an inappropriate interest in teens as potential romantic partners.

IcarusAscending

Clash likely doesn't find male peers psychologically, emotionally or physically attractive. Clash is very likely stuck on young guys (even if they are of legal age), due to Clash's own inability to realize his true sexual orientation, post puberty.

high

should of voted for Romney, and get rid of sesame street.

Lydia

Yeah, that sounds like something a perp would say to a kid, even though kid is now grown up.. I know the email was from 2010 but I would bet this kid was involved with him since 16.

Jonah

So TMZ, how come you are not running the updated story where the accuser recanted his accusation?

tam

If it took place when he was an adult then why is this information being made public? Do we really need to be tarnishing this man's image like this?

Jon Jon the great

As a heterosexual man who is a father of 2 kids who grew up on Elmo I believe Kevin clash . If someone commits a crime against you you go to the police not his employer. And you wait 7 yrs to do so it's extortion at its finest. I'm sorry that Kevin clash had to reveal his personal sexual preference what goes on on sesame street is our business what goes on any other street is his. Having revealed that he is gay I can see all these closed minded people tuning out to a great children's character

RoadRig

this dude just killed the wholesome image of elmo.. fire his butt.

Teasha Jackson

Romney Set This iSH Up......

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5