Jon Bon Jovi's Daughter

Heroin Charges Dropped

11/15/2012 1:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1115-stephanie-rose-jon-bon-jovi-getty
Jon Bon Jovi
's daughter will not face criminal prosecution after allegedly overdosing on heroin in a college dorm yesterday -- because the D.A. has dropped all charges.

A rep for the Oneida County District Attorney's Office says it is dismissing all criminal charges against Jon's 19-year-old daughter Stephanie Bongiovi as well as the 21-year-old male student allegedly involved with Stephanie's overdose.

TMZ broke the story ... Stephanie was arrested after being treated by emergency medical personnel following the alleged overdose at a Hamilton College dormitory. Cops claim a drug task force found small quantities of heroin in the dorm room ... along with marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

Stephanie was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana and criminally using drug paraphernalia. The 21-year-old was also charged with drug possession.

The D.A. says the charges were dropped because of a New York law that specifically prohibits prosecution of people experiencing a drug overdose -- as well as the people who help them seek medical care.

Melissa

Ahh to be famous, yeah sure the d.a dropped all charges for no reason. I didn't know they were in the business of dropping felony drug charges. Lucky her

Matt Canaday

When I heard the story that she was arrested I knew that was wrong. You can't be arrested for seeking medical attention due to drug use. I'm glad to hear the DA knows the law and dropped the charges.

Matt Canaday

Elle

She needs a wake up call. Daddy can't fix everything.

BigJigga304

Lesson learned people: Don't get halfway high get all the way HIGH w/ a rich white girl!

NiceGuy

I'll have to remember this incident when (or if) I get called in for jury duty 2 weeks from now. After I pleaded my case,let see if the judge lets me go after I tell him there's no justice whatsoever,only if your famous!

david 183

There are two sets of justice in this country, one for the poor and one for the rich. Oh wait make that three, if your white and rich chance of being prosecuted is much less then anyone else.

gutsygirl

How much is Hamilton College getting to look the other way?

Rich

I guess having a name helps...lol

D-INCARNATION

kool..............

kevin

BULLSH*T ! if that was any normal person they would have been locked up ... I CALL BULLSH*T

Rob J

It's her life, and it's now or never.
She's not gonna live forever.

Obamais still aracist

the charges were dropped after dad endorsed Obama

Ollie

I live in Oneida County. It is in the middle of the state, that heart shaped county. For those who have commented, this area did not get so much as a sprinkle from the hurricane (it went right around us.) So Jon Bon Jovi contributing to the "effort" does not apply here.

As far as getting off, the law may be true, but Oneida County (especially the seat of the county, Utica), makes Chicago politics look like the Girl Scouts. The place is mostly drug addicts, prostitutes, and dirty cops. Usually two out of the three. One of the judge's has two lawyer sons who keep getting let off on rape and sex abuse charges. look up Garramone in Utica.

HeeHee

I wonder if she'll get kicked out of college.