Jon Bon Jovi

on Daughter's Drug Arrest

'We'll Get Through It'

11/21/2012 6:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

112112_bon_jovi_kttv

Jon Bon Jovi
has opened up about his daughter's drug overdose and arrest at her college in NY ... calling the incident a "tragedy" ... but insisting the family will get through the situation together.

TMZ broke the story ... Stephanie Bongiovi was arrested on Nov. 14 after cops responded to call about someone who had overdosed in a dorm room. When cops arrived, Steph was alive ... and eventually arrested for drug possession. The charges were later dropped.

Last night, Stephanie's famous father spoke about the incident with Fox 11's Courtney Friel ... saying simply, "Things happen."

He added, "This tragedy was something that I had to face too so we'll get through it. And people's warm wishes for my family and I have been really reassuring. So, we're good."

Toallthehatersoftheworld

Yes I'm praying for your family

b.mclane

INSTEADD OF CAMPAIGNING FOR OBAMA FOR THE LAST 8 YEARS PERHAPS THE LIBERAL SHOULD HAVE BEEN TEACHING HIS KIDS DRUGS KILL???

Lynn

this man is too busy worried about being famous than he does his kids..things dont just happen..how much money do you need,, stop going on the road stay home and pay attention to your family ..moron

Nvts

Another junkie...she CHOSE that lifestyle. And now we are going to hear how she has changed her life and she is going to help others...blah, blah......blah.

truc10

sorry about his daughter. but, his music SUCKS.

pk

You can't control your kids, you can only hope they make good decisions and stand by them when they don't. My heart goes out to John and his wife, that is a parent's worse nightmare.

DaveT

Sad when younger people get hooked on drugs, drug addiction is a miserable up and down life, hope she pulls through it soon

zombie

Well, on the bright side for his daughter, she has the resources available to kick her addiction and put this behind her, whereas regular folk do not have the extra resources to get the very best help available to beat addiction. Economic status aside, addiction is a bitch to overcome, but some, like her MAY have an easier go of it because she has a famous parent with tons of money and the best help available.

VictoriaGirl

"Things Happen"? I just lost a lot of respect I had for this guy. How about "We're thankful she's alive and wasnt charged with a crime. We're going to get her the help she needs". Wouldnt that sound better?

Throwback kid

Rich kids are lucky, if the same thing happened to a poor black kid they would be charged with heroin posession. Depending on the amount of heroin there would be a jail sentence involved, but when you have a rich celebrity Daddy all that goes away

liquidbabydoll

to all the people who called this and said she would skate off charges,
I applaud you, bingo, right on target.
$$$$ money talks,,

Chatzey

This is a parents worse nightmare, no parent condones it or wants a free ride for their child.
As a Grandparent, I worry about my college student grandkids who are away from home It's not easy for youth to make the change to dorm life. We can only hope they will learn from their mistakes. They will learn from it 99% of the time.
Give them a break and let them know you are there
for/with them...it's all a parent/family can do.

Chatzey

Give them a break and let them know you are there
for/with them...it's all a parent/family can do.

Yodedo

God Bless this family and help them get through this difficult situation. Unfortunately this is an epidemic in the United States. I am going through a similar situation with my Granddaughter who Thankfully has not overdosed, but is now on Methadone to help keep her off the drugs. My Prayers are with you.

MasktRacer

If it was MY daughter with this problem and I had the kind of money Jon has, every s***bag in her life would be leaving the planet trying to get away from my rage. Seriously Jon, time to get New Jersey on them.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments