Jon Bon Jovi

on Daughter's Drug Arrest

'We'll Get Through It'

11/21/2012 6:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

112112_bon_jovi_kttv

Jon Bon Jovi
has opened up about his daughter's drug overdose and arrest at her college in NY ... calling the incident a "tragedy" ... but insisting the family will get through the situation together.

TMZ broke the story ... Stephanie Bongiovi was arrested on Nov. 14 after cops responded to call about someone who had overdosed in a dorm room. When cops arrived, Steph was alive ... and eventually arrested for drug possession. The charges were later dropped.

Last night, Stephanie's famous father spoke about the incident with Fox 11's Courtney Friel ... saying simply, "Things happen."

He added, "This tragedy was something that I had to face too so we'll get through it. And people's warm wishes for my family and I have been really reassuring. So, we're good."

acamse

This girl got off easy. What kind of lesson can she learn when she doesn't have to face the consequences like so many others do. To me that's the real tragedy. She has a rich dad who can pay her way out of any prosecution. She should have been treated like the average person is treated.

Danny

she should be locked up just like they do with all the druggies who DON'T have a rich daddy this just goes to show the offiucials are being paid off. Now that is justice for you

Danny

She should be locked up just like all the other druggies who DON'T have a rich daddy to pay off the officials. Now that is justice for you the poor go to jail the rich walk away free and clear and laugh at everyone.

pookiewookie

When you have money you most of the time find anyones price. Look how many times Linsay Lohan has walked. Anyone else goes to jail.

Diane Reed

I hopeyour family is able to get this straightened out. It's so hard when you child is an adult, but they are still you kids.As you well know this really affects the entire family. I sincerely pray that things work well for you family.Having been in your shoes I can tell you it is no cake walk. But with patence and love you should all be fine. I say this from experience, YOU CAN DO THIS! I'll be sending prayers for you family nightly Love to you and you family.Chin up and tackle the problem staright up. Thinking of you. Di

billybob

Stephanie does not work at all. So, Jon pays for her drugs anyway. It would be a good start if Jon realizezzz that the 10.000 $ monthly are NOT for the Bus tickets...

Vicperdido

I like Bon Jovi, but I have to say, an apple doesnt fall far from the tree does it?

Teri

OK, I wasn't there, but sounds like someone ratted her out, they went to the room, entered without permission, found drugs/and or drug paraphanalia. Either way, she needs help. He is doing what he can. He is right things happen, even heroin.

NP

Best of luck to this family in all their struggles.

Joanie B from NC

As a parent of a son who ended up in prison for drugs I want to say lay off this family they have enough on them right now. Unless you know the wrenching heartache of this awful disease and what it does to the whole family you have no right to ride this family or to even comment

lc

I get the whole addiction thing, however she made the choice to do it in the first place! I don't know why people see no consequences for their actions when it comes to taking drugs.

Patrick

Yes her Dad should let the charges continue / but no parents get in the way sometimes of a cure.,.,.,Put her in jail for a month see how she likes that

forestbiker

wHEN YOU ARE ONLY A PART TIME PARENT THIS HAPPENS. pARENTS WITH ALOT OF MONEY ALWAYS BUY THERE WAY OUT OF TROUBLE.

GIGI

Why is it some parents just don't think of this stuff? I know I did and it happen with all 4 of my kids. Three are ok now by the Grace of God, one will never be good again,he is hopeless and it breaks my heart,but I do love him. Non of it was heroin,but the last one with the painkillers I am sure it is. Bless all parents going through this right now.

Lucy

Jon, prayers are with you and your family. We as parents can only do our best and hope that we've done a good job. Know that you are not alone - sending prayers for healing to you and your family. (from one Italian mother to you an Italian dad)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments