John Travolta Sued

By Alleged Gay Lover

I Never Agreed to Keep Secrets

12/3/2012 11:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1203_john_travolta_01
A former pilot who claims to have had a secret gay relationship with John Travolta is suing the actor ... claiming he NEVER signed a confidentiality agreement that would stop him from talking to the media ... but Travolta's camp says he's completely full of crap.

The man behind the lawsuit is Doug Gotterba -- who claims he served as Travolta's pilot from 1981 to 1987. Gotterba made headlines recently when he reportedly spoke to the National Enquirer about his "steamy affair" with the actor.

Gotterba does not go into detail about his personal relationship with Travolta in the lawsuit ... but says after the media tidal wave that ensued, he received a threatening letter from Travolta's attorney Marty Singer.

In the suit, Gotterba claims Singer threatened to sue him for violating a confidentiality agreement he signed when he stopped working for Travolta.

Gotterba claims he DID sign a termination agreement ... but it didn't include anything about confidentiality. Therefore, Gotterba says he did nothing wrong ... and should be allowed to talk about Travolta without fear of a lawsuit.

But Singer tells TMZ Gotterba's lawsuit is "ridiculous" ... because he DID sign a contract that contains a confidentiality agreement ... and he even included the document in his lawsuit.

Singer adds, "Mr. Gotterba obviously filed this lawsuit to get his 15 minutes of fame. We plan to get this meritless case promptly dismissed."

Nona

John Travolta is one of my favorite actors. I don't really understand why everyone is bad-mouthing him. He isn't a celebrity who treats his staff cruely, or beat his wife. He takes care of his kids. A lot of people respect him because he does make movies that are cool to watch. He isn't in rehab for anything, yet people are treating him like he's this evil man. Why?

Trish

After all these years, why can't Travolta just admit he is gay. It is an open secret in Hollywood. Feel sorry for his wife, although she is one of those Scientologists nuts and has some really out there beliefs.

may28

So what if he is gay. I've never seen a stright guy dance like that. John is talented and provided us with some great movies!!! Why should it matter what he does behind closed doors??? Get over it.

may28

billy

Hope he heeds the warning,and stays away,people like that are very scary,and restraining orders often don't help......Poor girl,I've been in a very similar situation,guy found out where I worked and attacked me while I was getting into my car......Wishing her much safety.

Clyde T.M. Nestra

I've know people who worked on his sets, and they said he was a big queen, but a very nice. and very nice big queen. NO ONE disliked him, and in Hollywood that says a lot about the guy.

Mentok the Mind-Taker

He could play Mentok the Mind-Taker in a live-action movie! He's got the look! Except I am much more handsome, of course, and I might add I like women.

AnnieSH

IF John does sleep with men, that would make him bisexual - not gay. And IF he WAS bisexual and him and his wife have an understanding, WHY should he come out to the public? To serve someone else's agenda? NO! It's HIS decision, his business and his choice and NO one has the right to force him to or TELL him to.

fritzantitz

He hid his personal life well up till now! I never knew he was a pole smoker.Well considering the source The National enquirer It's about 96% untrue I will reserve my judgement for now.I would have no idea What L Ron Hubbard would have to say nor would I care.I am a true believer in the high God Jesus Christ!

Big Lew

Come on Vinnie! What would Mr. Cotter say?

mike

likes hot dogs insted of furburgers

Elphaba

Don't believe a word of any of the accusations against JT. But PLEASE John what's with the hair?

EasilyHard

Where theres smoke theres a flaming jaw

Black

There is a photo catching travola red handed

Reality Check

Is he swinging for the other team or what? I don't understand why all of these people are coming out of the woodwork now. There must be some kind of reason or incident that has incited them to come out of the dark.