Katt Williams Slap Victim

Target FIRED ME

Over the Incident

12/4/2012 10:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

120412_williams_victim

update_bar
11:22 AM PT -- A Target spokesperson confirms Forrest has been fired from the store ... but explains, "His departure was unrelated to the video footage that has appeared online."

The rep adds, "Out of respect for the privacy of this individual, we cannot discuss the reasons for his departure."

0314_divider_graphic
The Target employee who was PIMP SLAPPED in the face by Katt Williams says he's been FIRED from his job ...even though HE was the one who was attacked.

TMZ broke the story ... Forrest Liebenberg was having a calm conversation with the comic in the Northern California store when Katt slapped him in the face for no apparent reason.  Liebenberg didn't strike back ... instead he pulled out his phone and called for help.

After the incident, Forrest told CBS13 he'd been terminated from his job with no explanation -- saying, “They weren’t very clear, but it is obvious to me that it was based on this incident.”

He added, "Maybe I was a little uninformed about how seriously the situation was with Target, but obviously it is pretty serious."

Forrest says he doesn't know if Target believes he's the person who leaked the security footage to TMZ. He also claims he is NOT the leaker.

We reached out to Target for comment -- so far, radio silence.

1129_katt_williams_slap_videolaunch

Ell85

I think a lot of people are disregarding the fact that most (if not all) retail jobs are classified as at-will employment, which means employers don't have to give a reason to fire someone. Unless there is a policy in place at Target that specifies steps and procedures prior to firing someone that they blatantly ignored, Liebenberg won't have much of a case for wrongful termination.

Ell85

garwilly

I feel for him, I use to work at Lowed and I got fired for doing my job...no sh!t! They fired me for doing my job...stating that I should have ignore customer, but the big red vest had customer service on it! To anyone who work retail...your on a thin ice, and can be fired for no reason! And they will deny your unemployment for no reason just to **** you over when your jobless

BB not bb

Who do you think funded the Third Reich . . . corporate intersts. They are just using big business to try to take over the world again. This hapless employee was essentially mugged for his bike helmet on store property. Instead of having adequate security there, they fire the employee. They are probably trying to create an atmosphere of danger and of powerlessness.

If that happened on the street in Newark or Harlem, where are black guy comes up to you and says give me your bike helmet or shoes or what have you, and then punches you in the face when you don't immediately turn it over, that would be reproted as a mugging. Somehow Target takes it as an employee misconduct.

Well the Nazis used the same tactics. They set up a societal atmosphere where random acts of violence against the targeted individuals were condoned and the violence encouraged against innocent people. Anyone could just go beat up a Jew in the street and the police would do nothing. Target is even more into the theme because they fire the victim and leave him with no income besides. Not like working for minimum wage with no benefits is much of a job anyway.

You think the leaders of these corporations are successes? They are the ultimate failures as decent human beings. They get rich by exploiting the poor. This is how feudalism worked, yet the workers are now humiliated an abused as part of the corporate mugging of the American worker.

Tara

I am going to say they fired him for the use of his cell phone during work hours. I don't agree but that would be their easiest way out of this.

pix

I hate target, I was falsely accused of shopping lifting by some stupid kid. They held me against my will and when I asked them to call the police they took 1 hour. It cost target a lot of money when I filed a law suite. I had nothing but dirty Kleenex in my pocket I kept using because I have allergies. I was wearing shorts and a tee shirt. After I let the police check me the stupid kid had the nerve to ask me wear I hid it. All I said was look at my recipt I paid for my items and this is going to cost target a lot of money. When I got the money every penny went to charity.

BB not bb

You know, alot of big stores have undercover security that they will send around to stalk you as you shop. You can tell who they are by the creepy stares they give you. It kind of makes me laugh. You can lead them in circles looking at mindless things. They end up looking very angry like they want to run you out of the store. You can just give them crazy dirty looks back.

PLEASE READ

HELP BOYCOTT TARGET
AT:

To anyone and everyone who promotes the mitigation of unjustified behavior and treatment:

On November 25th, our dear friend named Forrest Liebenberg was physically assaulted at his workplace and we feel the need to bring this story to everyone’s attention.

While working at the Target in Woodland CA, Liebenberg was PUNCHED (not slapped as many claim) in the face by stand-up “comedian”, Katt Williams. In the official press release by CBS13, the altercation between Liebenberg and Williams had to do with Liebenberg’s PERSONAL motorcycle helmet which Williams was trying to purchase. Liebenberg states that Williams was insulting him because he had to pause and think of whether to sell HIS helmet or not. In the LEAKED video, the two men are caught exchanging words and as Forrest turns away, Williams goes on with his assault. As many are wondering, there were NO significant incidents regarding the two before this footage was taken. Forrest handled the situation very professionally as he is seen calling for help IMMEDIATLEY after the situation. There is now a warrant out for Katt Williams’s arrest but Katt is not the only one who is wrong here. FORREST LIEBENBERG WAS FIRED DAYS AFTER THIS INCIDENT OCCURRED.

Target Corporate has explained:
The team member involved in this incident is no longer a Target team member. Out of respect for the privacy of this individual, we cannot discuss the reasons for his departure. However, we can confirm that his departure was unrelated to the video footage that has appeared online. At Target, the safety and security of our guests and team members is a top priority. We take this incident very seriously and are continuing to partner with law enforcement.

Although Target has claimed not to have terminated Liebenberg as an employee because of what happened on November 25th, IT IS NO COINCEDENT that he was fired within DAYS after the situation. Forrest could not have handled the incident any better than way he chose to. Expecting Liebenberg to execute what he did in any more of a professional manner would be ridiculous. Now Forrest is left unemployed BY TARGET for being assaulted AT TARGET for no reason at all. Forrest is a true friend and brother of ours and we feel that spreading the word about the actions which TARGET has taken regarding this situation is important. TARGET has been way out of line in choosing how to deal with Forrest. The parties that have taken action against Forrest NEED TO BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE. Help boycott Target by discontinuing your business with them. Shopping at the store will only encourage such terrible conduct by higher ups. This type of treatment to employees NOT ONLY AT TARGET, but at all corporations across the world needs to be put to a stop so let us make an example out of this sorry excuse for a business AND DO NOT STOP UNTILL FORREST SEES JUSTICE.

Through further research we have read about many similar stories regarding the treatment of employees at Target and many other organizations. If you have been a victim like Forrest Liebenberg, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO SHARE YOUR STORY ON OUR PAGE.

John Boehner

I see that the risk taking job creators at Target have bravely sided with a drug addled flavor of the month lunatic and taken BOLD action against a hard-working, barely paid wage-slave.

Way to go Target. You couldn't be more un-American if you dug up George Washington and pissed on his wooden teeth.

NOT ELMO

he should sue target and katt....

BB not bb

What doesn't break you makes you stronger. When you are done wrong, stand tall and know that better things are ahead.

BB not bb

@183 John Boehner. The risk they take is with the level of debasedness they will stoop to in exploiting not only the American worker but the consumer and society at large. They don't want stable well grounded people working there. They want maniacs in their stores who fly off the handle and mug the workers like the bosses.

They give you stupid psychological tests at all of these corporations when you ask for a job. They ask you if you like sky diving and race car driving and would like to try them yourself. They are probably looking for people to answer yes isntead of no to these questions. They probably want people who are thrill seekers instead of honest and hard working and loyal.

I don't see how it is legal to give people these psych tests as a condition of employment anyway. Maybe the ACL (F)U should look into it, if they care.

TomJones

Time to call that s***bag Gloria Allred - she'll **** Target up

leslie

this is a racist crime. the white guy didn't do anything and the black guy slapped him in the face, because the black guy is a racist.

Nice

Office Depot tried firing me after a customer try spitting on me twice/ threaten me and I slapped this guy( 6' 250 lb) while I was 110 girl then he went to his car grabbed a gun and came back looking for me, and left after people got involve and told him to leave cops in there way. OD wrote me up and said if I didn't sign the paper I will get fired bc they were worried of getting sued! Not about my life but getting sued!