Ke$ha

I Was FORCED To Sing

'Die Young' Lyrics

12/18/2012 4:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1218_kesha_getty
Ke$ha
has just -- shockingly -- come out and said she never wanted to sing the controversial lyrics in "Die Young" -- even though she's listed as one of the writers of the song.

TMZ broke the story ... Ke$ha's hit song has been yanked from a huge number of radio playlists since the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.

Ke$ha just tweeted, she understands why her song is now inappropriate, adding,  "I had my very own issues with "die young" for this reason.  I did NOT want to sing those lyrics and I was FORCED TO."

The lyrics include this:  "Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young.  We're gonna die young."

Ke$ha is listed as a co-writer of "Die Young," along with Dr. Luke and others.  She does not explain why she was forced to sing those lyrics.

julie

Some producers will make their artists sing anything if they feel its going to be a hit. However, I have my concerns if she was listed herself as a writer of the song. If you disliked it, you could have trashed it then and there. Anyways, may those victims RIP & my condolences are with their loved ones and anyone affected by this terrible tragedy.

Laura

Sandy Hook is not about her or her damn music. Make this story go away.

Tracee

Are we going to go thru all the song lyrics now and not listen to the one that mention dying. She is just using this tragic to HYPE her music for publicity. SICKA$$!!!

탑 TOP

"A bunch of people lashed out at Ke$ha on Twitter, slamming her for the song in the wake of the tragedy."

... because Ke$ha is psychic, calm the **** down.

CLINT

It was the dollar sign in her name that forced her to write and sing that song.

quezcotl

... her lyrics are "So while you're here in my arms,
Let's make the most of the night like we're gonna die young"

liberals need to stop being so f'ing sensitive.
A NHL coach (forgot who) said to his team "lets kill them", about the other team - NOBODY ASSOCIATE THIS WITH REAL MURDERING, JUST AS KESHAS SONG IS NOTHING ABOUT CELEBRATING DEATH - ITS A F'ING EXPRESSION OF SPEECH.
I call my gf for a ****,bitch or whatever, that doesnt mean I mean it all the time.

Stephanie

So are we also pulling songs like "When I die young" by The Band Perry or maybe "Only the good die young" by Billy Joel? Come one, it's just a song.

drgnFlyWlf10

Just pull her music because it's God awful, also because she's awfully ugly

Dohi

That song came out BEFORE the school shooting and now people wanna get mad at her??? smh.

taz

I don't for a second claim to like her music, but this type knee-jerk reaction does no good. Her song has nothing to do with what happened. I think it's ridiculous to say she was "forced" to sing it. Scared about the money rolling in are ya?????

Angey

So, get rid of this song, but Pumped Up Kicks is still allowed??????????? PUK is ACTUALLY about a kid going into a school and shooting them all and it's played every damn day!

chunkydough

Can anybody admit that oversensitivity is a problem.

Reg

We shouldn't be forced to look at your hideous mug either.

David Manigo

Y'all do know the song was written and produced BEFORE the Connecticut tragedy right? Stop giving her sh*t!

MeMe

First of all, there are a ton of inappropriate songs hitting the airwaves!!! Second of all, everyone knows that the song was never meant to be interpreted as little children being murdered. It is unbelievable that people are giving her a hard time for what that monster did. I do agree that it should be off the radio AND so does she!