« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Shaun White

I CHOPPED MY HAIR OFF!

(For Charity)

12/19/2012 5:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Shaun White's flowing red locks ARE GONE ... for now at least ... because the snowboarding legend just hacked off his mane!!!

The good news ... Shaun says he decided to get rid of his long hair because he wanted to donate to the Locks of Love charity ... which provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged kids who have suffered a medical hair loss.

Before White went under the clippers, he explained his decision -- "I've been thinking about this one for a while ... but it's for a good cause so I want to do it."

As he stroked his iconic hair one last time ... he added, "Somebody needs it more than I do."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

two cents

His hair doesn't seem long enough for donations.

Pantene Beautiful Lengths is a MUCH better organization (compared to Locks of Love) for donating hair!!!!

3Storms

Who wants to bet a girlfriend was the real reason behind it?

Elizabeth Alan

As long as it isn't Max...who cares :)

EMB

I was getting a haircut yesterday. A guy walked in, removed his hat and told my stylist he shaved off his head and wanted to donate his hair. She happily took it. We talked about how if someone wants to do this, they will cut and style their hair for free. Not sure where the shop donates it, but it was awesome seeing someone do this. I have known about it for a while, just never saw someone walk into a place to do it.

rhode

My kid donated 16 inches of hair to locks of love. I think it's a great thing to do.

FlamingoNut

I wonder if the guy he was in the car with also donated. His hair was much longer...

Ummmm

Its nice he did that plus he looks much better too!

evol1

It looks good... kudos to him for the gift....

Wayne

Funny how he has been doing all these charity things since he destroyed a hotel and his reputation

billybob

it's quite amazing what rich celebs all do for charity not to touch THEIR OWN money!

IceGypsy

Cool of him to do that. My husband had almost waist length hair most of his life, and he got it cut / donated it when a few people we knew were hit with cancer. It took some getting used to for him but I'm sure it was a big help to someone that really needed it.

Gabby Mason

I think he looks better with it kinda like the Keri Russell thing.

Mali

Looks better with the short hair. I looked up his name on twitter. Lets just say there are a lot of MILF's who wanna F him...(oh god why)

Tiffany G.

You have to have seven inches of hair to donate. Fail.

Angela

And now he looks like just another ugly ginger. Better grow it back quickly boy!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments