Thomas Gibson

Arrested for DUI

1/6/2013 3:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0106_thomas_gibson_gettyThomas Gibson -- best known for his roles on "Criminal Minds" and "Dharma & Greg" -- was arrested early this morning for suspicion of DUI ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Gibson was driving in downtown Los Angeles at around 1:00 AM when he attempted to drive through a part of town that had been sectioned off for a half marathon. The race had already gone through that part of town (it started at 9:00 PM) but the area was still blocked off.

We're told Gibson was stopped and told he couldn't drive through ... but he proceeded to anyway.

According to our sources, police eventually stopped Gibson and detected an odor of alcohol. We're told Gibson refused to take a breathalyzer test. He was then arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor DUI and taken into custody at 1:37 AM.

His bail is set at $15,000 and, as of this posting, is still in custody.

bernergirl

I'll wait to see if he is guilty, an arrest is nothing.

Legend

Knowing TMZ it wasn't even the actor Thomas Gibson but just some nobody who happens to share the same name. With how poorly written this article appears to be, one has to wonder how reliable their quoted sources might be as well.

English

Is english a second language for the person who wrote this?

Hollywierd_gurl

HOLY TYPOS, BATMAN!

soylentgreenispeople

I need a job does tmz need a puff readar .

PokerStar

When the handcuffs went on, I bet he realized then that he wasn't "entitled" to drive wherever he wanted too.

Who drives through roadblocks after tossing back a few? Not the sharpest crayon in the box, is he?

Bravo600

"Wheels up in thirty," takes on a new meaning.

Kay in San Diego

Finally someone cleaned up this story and the many typos!

Mstchief

Hmm one thing came to my mknd after seekng that pic. He is so gay

Marty

Refuse a breathalyser test or blood test in California, and no more Drivers License. Let's see if he is treated special cause he's Hollywood royalty. I bet they forget about the refusal.

pvnac

yup. proofreader needed. Query: did the police not detect odor of alcohol at the first stop? Odd cir***stances with this arrest.

Loser

I have no idea who this loser is, but what an arrogant JERK!!! I hope he saved some money to get that thing chewed off his face.....

DaveT

Stopped him for driving through several hours after it was over? What harm exactly was there potential for at 1am :D
Interesting.
I would have refused the breathalyzer test too.

Gretel

Noooo noooo! I've been a fan since Dharma and Greg. Thomas why??

QueenB

OMG I love Criminal Minds....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments