Britney Spears

Quitting 'X Factor' was

'Very Difficult Decision'

1/11/2013 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0111_britney_spears_x_factor_article

Britney Spears just released a statement confirming the story TMZ first reported ... that she's leaving "X Factor" and will go back to making music ... but Spears notes it was a "very difficult decision."

"I had an incredible time doing the show and I love the other judges and I am so proud of my teens but it's time for me to get back in the studio," Spears said.

She continues, "Watching them all do their thing up on that stage every week made me miss performing so much!  I can't wait to get back out there and do what I love most."

Spears would've made $15 million to return to the show next season ... but it's not like she'll be hurting for cash. She's currently working on her 8th album and is in serious talks to headline a show in Vegas.

Truth

NO 1 CURR!!!! CAN HER PR LIE SOME MORE??? SRUSLY, SHE SUCKED AT IT AND CANT HOST SH*T UNLESS SHE'S PROMOTING EFFECTS OF XANAX. IMMA SURPRISED XANAX AINT PAYING HER $15 MIL TO PROMOTE LEGAL EFFECTS OF ADDICTION. #TRUTH!!

Michelle

I like Britney, but she SUCKED as a judge. All her critiques were, "It was good, or it was really, really good, or it was really, really, really good" and that was it . Nothing beyond her brainless one liners, nothing constructive.... Boring, yawn...

Max Smart

She was going to be fired if she didn't quit. They paid her a truckload to bring in the ratings and for that they got even less viewers than the previous year. Not to mention she spoke in sentences of three words or less. It would be a bad business decision to bring her back. Not that she needs it anyway.

Milano99

Anybody in Vegas that hires her needs to put 2 things in her contract:

1. No lip-syncing
2. Only get paid for shows actually performed

If those two items are in place, her "show" would probably shut down after a week or two.

EasilyHard

A w f u l show Awful Awful

CoRoNa-N-LiMe

yeah..gotta beyough.leaving 15 mill on the table lol

Sam

This is a bogus press release that is being recirculated for her to be able to save face. She was being chopped, and they gave her the opportunity to claim it was her decision. Predictable PR tactics for a gullible public. Stop lying, TMZ.

KicksandGiggles

She had difficulty? Not nearly the difficulty we had waiting for her to make it.

Sue

Im sure it was not a tough decision for her. She was going to be fired anyway. Let's face it, this country bumpkin is not the brightest star in the Universe. But she will ROCK Vegas, baby

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

Oh, figuring out which socks to wear each day is a "very difficult decision" for this brain-dead dum-dum. Anything involving money is decided by her lawyer and her effed up family. By the way, she didn't quit; she got fired because she makes television viewers cringe!

NOT ELMO

Me wants to nail you soon...

blp

Britney NEVER should have been a judge from the start! She is a NO TALENT DUMBASS. Why did she get 15 million?? We all saw this coming! I am surprised that she lasted for one season! DIPSH*T!

ama

Oh she doesn't fool me, obvious they didn't want her back and now she's saying she quit.... nice save!

Pre-school

Yes. Watching these young performers that are so much more talented than me, since I'm just a pretty faced, high class stripper that can carry a tune, feels me with dread that these performers I am judging actually have talent and will give the public a taste of what it means to be a gifted singer.

KanyeWest