Britney Spears

Quitting 'X Factor' was

'Very Difficult Decision'

1/11/2013 11:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0111_britney_spears_x_factor_article

Britney Spears just released a statement confirming the story TMZ first reported ... that she's leaving "X Factor" and will go back to making music ... but Spears notes it was a "very difficult decision."

"I had an incredible time doing the show and I love the other judges and I am so proud of my teens but it's time for me to get back in the studio," Spears said.

She continues, "Watching them all do their thing up on that stage every week made me miss performing so much!  I can't wait to get back out there and do what I love most."

Spears would've made $15 million to return to the show next season ... but it's not like she'll be hurting for cash. She's currently working on her 8th album and is in serious talks to headline a show in Vegas.

Jim in Cali

Okay seriously it wasn't that difficult. The show sucked and you were bored with it and you have millions of dollars anyway. Let's call it like it is.

nologinyo

She was probably also a bit pissed off everyday that a lesser famous little girl star (20 is much younger than 30) was fawning over her every day and it was starting to feel like a freebie she was giving Demi but that's just my guess. Obviously, if true, it'd be with along all the other stuff.

Anya

Yeah right ..... As if that dingbat makes any decisions herself.

Diamond Goddess!

Well, it's hardly a "difficult decision" when they fire you!!!

Alexis

Regardless of if she actually quit or was fired and allowed to say she chose to leave, she still wins. She was able to get Simon to pay her $15 million for 7-8 months of work. She's working on a new album and regardless of how much anyone 'hates' Britney she's been around for nearly 15 years and is still as relevant in music scene as some of the newer acts. She won't be making $15 million this year- she'll be making a hell of a lot more.

backfire

X factor SUCKED. Brittany is better than working on amateur hour-- demi is mediocre and redundant. All she does is tell people they aren't ready and call Simon old and all L.A. does is force talent to do bawdy Vegas/Broadway numbers. Love Brittany

Spicy mag

It's a hard decision when you're asked to resign aka fired for sucking .

betterdaysahead

Can we please have someone "fun" as a judge on these shows like BOBBY BROWN? Bobby lived with Whitney Houston for 14 years- he was a very talented guy in his day and he is funny as hell- you never know what will come out of his mouth but he is real. I would watch HIM just for his reaction. They say that Whitney would never have been able to get on stage in the 90z with her "my love is your love" album if it weren't forhim so I think he would be a BLAST mentoring people! All these judges are boring except for Simon but Simon is too stern and serious, I think Bobby would be real but uplifting and funny.

tripnic

Well she just said more here than she said the whole past season.....

val

what was so difficult, she was useless. Her vocabulary consisted of "that was amazing" and "incredible". get someone who can actually criticize.

aholguin

You all taking **** about britney spears but shes the one making all the millions not u ..im saying just hators..haha

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3