Sharon Osbourne

RIPS Lady Gaga

You're a Hypocritical Attention Whore

1/11/2013 6:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0110_osbournes_gaga_02

Sharon Osbourne has officially joined her daughter's feud with Lady Gaga ... firing off a letter to the pop star calling her a hypocritical JERK who encourages her fans to harass her daughter Kelly.

Osbourne is responding to a letter Gaga wrote to Kelly Osbourne and posted on her official website ... in which LG blasted Kelly as a "bully" who unfairly picks on celebrities on her TV show "Fashion Police."

Gaga said she's disgusted that Kelly and Joan Rivers constantly make "jokes about artists and celebrities as if we are zoo animals."

Sharon says Gaga's fans have been waging a campaign of online terror against the Osbournes thanks to Gaga's criticism of the show. Sharon claims some of the singer's fans have even made death threats to Kelly.

Now, in her letter to Gaga ... obtained by TMZ ... Sharon demands Gaga instruct her fans to stop the harassment ASAP.

Osbourne writes, "A word from you would stop all this hideous, negative and vile threats from your 'little monsters.'"

Sharon also writes, "You say [Kelly's] work on E! with the Fashion Police is 'rooted in criticism, judgment, and rating people’s beauty against one another.' Welcome to the real world."

She continues, "By your actions to Kelly right now, you have shown me that you are nothing more than a publicity seeking hypocrite and an attention seeker."

"You know it would have been much more dignified of you to do this privately. I am calling you a bully because you have 32 million followers hanging on your every word and you are criticizing Kelly in your open letter.  Are you so desperate that you needed to make this public?"

There's more ... check out Sharon's entire letter after the jump ...

SHARON'S LETTER TO LADY GAGA:

Ms. Gaga

I am responding to your open letter to my daughter Kelly and I m perplexed as to why you would go public with an open letter.  Regarding this current situation; Kelly didn’t contact you, I was the one that contacted your manager today and the email is attached below for your reference.

I reached out to him as Kelly’s  manager and mother to ask him if you could address your “little monster” fans and stop them from writing libelous, slanderous and vile comments about my family including death threats to Kelly.   Your open letter is hypocritical and full of contradictions.   And as your mother Cynthia supports you, I support my daughter Kelly.  I must say your opinions on what is politically correct and acceptable totally differ from mine, but that is what makes the world so
interesting… we are all different.  How sweet that you have empathy for my daughter as you feel that she has taken a less passionate path in life.  You say her work on E! with the Fashion Police is “rooted in criticism, judgment, and rating people’s beauty against one another.”

Welcome to the real world.

Example, when I saw you wear a dress made out of raw meat, I was sickened.  When I see you wearing fur and you use it as a fashion statement, that defenseless animals have been killed so you can get your picture in the press is abhorrent to me. Shouldn’t you be teaching your “little monster” fans to respect animals and life? I don’t feel I have to justify Kelly’s choices in life to you.

By your actions to Kelly right now, you have shown me that you are nothing more than a publicly seeking hypocrite and an attention seeker. You know it would have been much more dignified of you to do this privately. I am calling you a bully because you have 32 million followers hanging on your every word and you are criticizing Kelly in your open letter.  Are you so desperate that you needed
to make this public?

You state “Everyday, through my music and public voice I choose to be positive and work towards a kinder and braver world with our community of followers.” Well this obviously is not translating well to your fans as a large portion of them, not only have been vile to Kelly but also other celebrities such as Madonna, Adele and Rihanna. “You say a kinder, braver world” I don’t know what world you live in but supporting disgraceful fan comments doesn’t fall under the words “kinder and braver” it comes under the heading of bullsh*t.

In closing, stop wearing fur, stop looking for publicity and stop using your fans to belittle not just Kelly but an endless stream of celebrities.  A word from you would stop all this hideous, negative and vile threats from your “little monsters.” Let me know if you want to continue this debate. I’m an open playing field for you my darling.

Sincerely,
Sharon Osbourne
1/10/13
3:39 pm

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

GatorBait

They all suck

dee

The most important part- where she addresses Gaga's cruel support of the Fur Trade was left out here. But yup..she pretty much destroyed Gaga with that one. U claim to be so compassionate yet wear fur head 2 toe. Hypocrite. Ugh. It was so nice without Gaga in the media. Sucks she's coming back now. Her music is garbage. Her personality is fake. Her talent is subpar at best. Just go away Gaga.

Maude

While I don't believe you should always fight fire with fire as Sharon is doing with this letter, I do believe that a private communication between Kelly and Gaga would have been a smarter way to solve their differences. Now fans on both sides have ammo to hurl at the other side. It would have been a more mature move from both Kelly and Gaga to give the other a call.

Berserk

No more tears.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Lady GaGa, you are a zoo animal, and you're way over-paid for it, so STFU or retire.

SUNIA3

Good for you Sharon!!!!

Cran

You are talking about your daughter right? Perfect description.

Logan R

Mom fighting your battles for you, pretty much sums it up right there.

Nadine

So the osbourne's can dish it out but can't take it? I have watched five minutes of the E show and they are all rude B* tches! It was horrible, and Kelly is like a little kid who won't let the beef go about Christina calling her fat back in the 90's. So she is still angry about being called fat yet that is what you do to others on the E! Show?

lyn parker

SHARON... PLEASE ALSO TELL GAGA TO STOP ABUSING ANIMALS WHO ARE TORTURED & SKINNED ALIVE SO SHE CAN PRANCE AROUND THE WORLD WEARING DEAD FUR ON HER BACK......THANK YOU....ANIMAL ACTIVIST ....LYN PARKER

amazinglybored

Sharon Osbourne honestly scares me a little, this has done nothing to change that.

Brishban

Sharon Osbourne Slams Lady Gaga in Open Letter and Gaga Responds HERE http://tinyurl.com/Sharon-Osbourne-Open-Letter

Lady Gaga, million selling recording artist and world wide phenomenon vs. Kelly Osbourne, talent vacuum famous for being the daughter of a has been rock star and for being fat who now spends her time bitching about other peoples weight on a cable TV channel. Tricky choice.

Michelle

Kelly needs mommy to rescue her? If she is bold enough to sit on a panel of so-called "fashionistas" on television and criticize, make fun, and tear others apart, she should be capable of handling the heat on her own like an adult . No, I'm not a teen, I'm 40 with children.

dee

Gaga claims to be compassionate and loving but never said one word to Perez Hilton when he bullied anyone that had a critique for her. Where were the letters then? Funny how Gaga only cries "bullying" when SHE'S being judged. When other people r being bullied by her own team and fans on Twitter, she's quiet. Gaga is so self absorbed this proves it even more.

Mustard

If gaga was really as compassionate as she appears, she would have asked her fans to stop immediately. How is it all right to accuse Kelly and that show of bullying and then bully Kelly in return. This show was on the air long before Kelly even joined it so why send a letter berating her? Don't watch the show and could careless what any f their opinions are on any fashion topic but don't think and eye for an eye works anymore! By not stoping her "little monsters" she is in turn guilty of what she accuses the show of. Seems like a backwards way to go about having you're opinion be respected.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments