Tommy Lee Jones' Face

'Not Amused'

Goes Viral

1/14/2013 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Tommy Lee Jones Grumpy Cat Face
Say goodbye to "Grumpy Cat" ... 'cause last night, his iconic look of curmudgeoness was overtaken by Tommy Lee Jones ... who was apparently unamused with the jokes at the Golden Globes.

TLJ pulled a "not impressed' look of his own while Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig were cracking jokes during the presentation of the Best Actress in Comedy or Musical award.

Some say Tommy was "in" on the gag ... others say he was just being a grumpy old man.

Bottom line -- his "not amused" face has taken off in Internet-land ... and has already become a popular meme on sites like Reddit ... a la McKayla Maroney and the aforementioned "Grumpy Cat."

So ... congrats?

0114_subasset_tommy

cb

I love ex SNL er's Will and Kristen but woooo that was just another bit that goes way too long. And we are saying just stop cut it already. I agree with Tommy on this one.. But still love the cat comparision cute.

stlrockn

Will Ferrell is beyond annoying. He is not and has never been funny. I will never watch another of his movies. He still owes me 10 bucks that I paid to see Taledega Nights. That is an hour and a half of my life I will never get back.

AdamB

TLJ is a well known Hollywood prick. His reputation proceeds him here. That routine was pretty funny.

Melissa

"Say goodbye to "Grumpy Cat" ... 'cause last night, his iconic look of curmudgeoness was overtaken by Tommy Lee Jones"

Grupmy cat is a girl. :P

judi

This is my Happy Face!!

Made it Past 27

thought that skit SUCKED.

Arlee

This makes me love and respect TLJ more than ever.
I watched the clip without the sound and even that was torture.

SoWhat

Tommy wasn't laughing because Will Ferrell just isn't funny at all and his little bit there at the awards show was no different, not funny.

jokerchick

maybe he didn't feel well....or just doesn't think these two are funny (OMG, imagine THAT)

SYLVI212

Tommy Lee needs some serious ironing.

Bu

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE NOT REMEMBER that he has a traumatic brain injury from a bad car crash and suffers a lot of severe problems in his brain still. He still has a hard time since his car crash...give this man a break.

Elizabeth

If you look carefully at the others in the crowd, in the video, you'll see that Tommy Lee Jones isn't the only one that doesn't care for the skit being performed. Look at Arnold Schwarzenegger. Come on, get the story right.

Liz

Tommy Lee Jones was NOT in on the joke - he is just a bitter old man. Even Billy Bush said he was the most bitter person in Hollywood.

Bigjake1932

How about the fact the skit was just unfunny? Could not have been worse.

doodoopapah

I'm with team TLJ. That "comic presentation" was horribly unfunny and annoying. I would have been pissed too having to sit through that dreck in person.