« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lance Armstrong

YES, I DOPED

1/18/2013 6:02 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

011713_lance_oprah_550x550
Lance Armstrong
just confessed ... EVERYTHING.

Lance admitted it all during his Oprah interview -- saying he took banned substances to enhance his cycling performances before all 7 of his Tour de France wins ... he blood doped ... he took testosterone ... EPO ... human growth hormone ... everything you can imagine.

Lance had denied the allegations for years -- and when Oprah asked why he came forward now, Lance replied, "I don't know that I have a great answer. I will start now by saying this is too late ... I view this situation as one big lie that I repeated a lot of times ... I am a flawed character."

He added, "I didn't invent the [doping] culture, but I did nothing to stop the culture ... and I am sorry for that."

Lance said he began using EPO (erythropoietin) -- a hormone that enhances red blood cell production -- in the mid 90s.

When asked if he was ever afraid he'd be caught -- Lance replied, "No."
When asked if it felt wrong at the time -- Lance replied, "No."
When asked if he felt like he was cheating -- he replied, "No ... I viewed it as a level playing field."

As for how the whole operation worked, Armstrong hedged on the details -- saying, "I viewed it as very simple. You had things that were oxygen-boosting drugs, for lack of a better word, that were incredibly beneficial for endurance sports. And that's all you needed."

He added, "My cocktail was only EPO ... not a lot ... transfusions and testosterone."

Lance -- who referred to his former self as "an arrogant pr*ck" -- isn't shocked by the outrage over his lies and deceit ... saying, "I deserve it."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

who-me

Oprah is still fat and I hope her channel fails.

kathy allen

Those who are without sin, shall not cast the stone.... we all have made mistakes and repeated them often,
I am still behind you 110 percent Lance... you don't owe me an apology,,, to others YES...... May they only \
accept it and move on.... There are too many other
more important things going on in our world to let
this become today's headlines and tomorrow's fish wrap :) Best of Luck,,, and thank God for forgiveness......... because in the end it is only he that you have to reconcile with <3

Stubaby

Good for him, now can we as a society finally agree that cycling isn't a sport, interesting, or in any way, compelling? It's skeletons wrapped in Lycra hurtling down a mountain with all the appeal of a spinning class. This nation managed to keep out soccer, we can kick cycling to the curb too, lets do it America!!!

Sonja

Doping is only part of it.. he lied, he accused everyone else of being the liar.. that is what it's so bad. You don't get to admit to something after years of lying and slandered everyone those telling the truth, and then act like it was you who 'came clean'... too little too late. It's not that you were an arrogant pr!ck, it's that you still are to assume that now, you can just admit what you did and should get sympathy from anyone.

Kàt

Well, the truth may set him free... but it's also going to cost him allot of $$$$$. But that's really not enough. I think he should loose his other nut.

taffy84

My hope is every athlete will start doping just think how good the games would be. I kid I kid

NOT ELMO

me is tired of him...

Ted Hirsch

He is a smug ****ing lier.He is a dick and will always be a dick.The interview is a complete joke and a shame.He is not taking ownership in the situation.He is full of crap

Jody

I got news for you jackass. You are still an arrogant prick.

who-me

Yes or no, do you think I am a fat ugly bitch that Stedman hates?

Nonsense

Jody said it right. Done.

Anya

I hate liars and cheaters !

Arete

I forgive you. Mainly because I don't care. People raise up other human beings up too much. He's human, not God, not Jesus. He has done nothing for me, or promised me anything. What he did was wrong, and he should be striped of all his awards, but people talking about killing him, and what not, is extreme.

Karla

Oprah's questions absolutely sucked. I can't believe she did not get an attorney to explain relevancy to her. He did an outstanding job confessing to something bad while not ratting out an obviously entirely corrupt organization. Really, Oprah. A first year law student can focus on issues better. She was the disappointment given this opportunity. God, she bad, but the lowest common denominator rules the ratings.

GLaDOS

I don't even see why this is a big deal. Yeah.. he juiced.. like 99.5% of the other cyclists in the Tour. He's the big name though.. he's the big money maker so he's the one they go after and he's the story. As far as I'm concerned, he's right about the level playing field. He wasn't concerned about being caught because everybody else was hiding it too.