« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

I'M FAR FAR FAR

FROM GAY

1/24/2013 12:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0124_katie_couric_manti_interview_article_superhero_3
Manti Te'o
just revealed ... he's NOT GAY ... despite rumors he used a fake girlfriend to hide his homosexuality.

Katie Couric asked Manti flat-out whether he's gay because it's the most obvious explanation for the bizarre "Lennay Kekua" hoax -- but Manti replied, "No. Far from it. FAR FROM IT."

Manti also revealed Ronaiah Tuiasosopo's full confession, which Ronaiah sent via Twitter, saying, "I completely accept the consequences to the pain I've caused and it's important that you know the entire truth before anyone else."

Katie played Lennay's voicemails -- and Manti replied, "Sounds like a woman. Incredible talent to do."

pic0124_ronaiahs_confession_small_video_lennay_vm

Katie asked why Manti didn't come clean sooner -- Manti said, "I was scared and I didn't know what to do." Manti's parents also had a chance to speak -- and things got emotional.

pic0124_ronaiahs_confession_small_video_lennay_vm_4

Manti also addressed Ronaiah, saying, "You hurt me." And the big question -- how Manti thinks the hoax will affect his draft status ... Manti said, "That I don't know ... Whatever happens happens ... I hope and pray that good happens."

pic0124_ronaiahs_confession_small_video_lennay_vm_4

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Babydoll0630

ENOUGH about this crap!! I don't care about this dude......ugh.

Shhh

THAT SWEATER IS NOT HELPING HIS GAY DEFENSE

matt

*cough cough!

MMMM-K

*cough cough!

kronenburg

Yet another Mante snoozefest story from TMZ. How much is Kris Jenner paying you to run these stories instead of the one about her deceased ex-husband's personal journals describing Kris' abusive parenting?

Shhh

Not to mention ESPN fired 2 producers for cutting away from ND Presser. ESPN is paying TMZ/Ronaiah to keep this story as Mantis being HOAXED when the FACTS SHOW that this guy lied, had phone conversations, pic, physical/emotional connection with Ronaiah. Now they are both making Millions from this "hoax" - lovely

BellaJ

Anyone whose watched Catfish the movie and the episodes knows this happens all the time to attractive, seemingly intelligent "normal" people. The desire to be loved sometimes blinds people to the warning signs of being tricked. People need to try meeting organically and not do all this online "dating" for years without ever meeting face to face. He isn't the first to be tricked and he won't be the last. I do hope this is the last story on it by TMZ though.

rosemaryxoxo

I don't care, can't his 15 mins be up already

LIsa

I need some kind of flow chart to sort through this mess of a story.

Laura

Up until I saw an excerpt from the Katie Couric interview, I could see some humor in this. But now I think he's so pathetic; and at least after her "death", he became part of the lie. Someone needs to care enough about this guy to get him to shut up already. He's ruining his life. And these stories have gotten old. Can't stand reading about this anymore.

Laura

I can't take this story anymore---off to other sites for awhile.

BellaJ

You know if he is gay, maybe he isn't ready to announce that to the world yet. Idk if he is or not but I do think that is something one should disclose only when he or she is ready. I don't think it's fair to publicly drag someone out of the closet. Let him do it in his own time, on his own terms IF he is gay.

Shhh

ESPN OWNS KATIES SHOW BTW. GOOGLE IT.

SoManyIdiots

Duh, if he was gay, it would have been a secret boyfriend. Gullible, timid, pitiful...yeah. Gay? No.

Snowballx

I still believe he's on the downlow. I know this happens BUT you cannot tell me he DID NOT KNOW it was a guy and when he found out it was a GUY they continued their relationship and kept it going and they probably got caught! This just spells cover up to me.

dathan

It's time for TMZ to officially ...OUT this dude that's where all these stories are going...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments