Tina Turner

Goodbye America

I'm Gonna Be a Swiss Citizen

1/25/2013 10:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0124-tina-turner-swizerland-gettyWilliam Tell may no longer be the most famous Swiss person in history ... 'cause Tina Turner says she's renouncing her U.S. citizenship to become a full-fledged citizen of Switzerland.

Turner -- who was born in Nutbush, Tennessee -- has been living in Zurich since the mid-90s ... and according to multiple reports, she's decided to make Switzerland her permanent home.

According to a local Swiss newspaper, officials in Switzerland have already decided to GRANT Turner's request for citizenship ... and now it's only a matter of time before the move becomes official.

We called Turner's rep for comment -- who told us she was still trying to get in touch with Tina to clarify the situation.

Also ... yeah, William Tell was Swiss. The more you know ...

Ashley

If I was American I would want to leave that country too. The world hates Americans, why would you want to be a citizen of a country where no one likes you?.....I would run VERY fast!!! Good Call Tina, I don't blame you what so ever! #TeamTurner

trini_angel

I don't understand the ignorance; by these comments. A world exists outside America...apparently some America is the be all and end all of existence. Get out of your bubble!!!

Kendra

good for her enjoy your life

taffy84

I wish I could get in

bon

Federer could beat Tell.

Laurie

See - the wealthiest 1% doesn't have to part with their money, they can just move to a new country and avoid paying the super high taxes America is asking.

Drew7477

She just making sure Ike cant chase her down anymore once and for all!

Kathy

Good for you. Obummer makes our taxes so high. This is only the beginning. Hold on folks our taxes are going to sky rocket for everyone. Thank our lying president.

msbeanz

Why is everyone saying she's moving because of taxes? She's lived there since the 90's. Have you considered the possibility that she actually likes Switzerland? *gasp!*

Kàt

Oh my God. What will Oprah do??? Maybe she would like to become a swizzzzzzzzzzzzz citizen too

Nvts

GOOD!!...stay there old, ugly, has-been, traitor!!!!

Tony626

Haha liberals tell is to pay our fair share while depp attempts to dodge in france, now turner in Switzerland ..suuuure, they love living places where they dont know the language. Just waiting for the "i love the swiss people!" Bs excuses...

JiLL1

Interesting timing , right before Obama makes her pay her "fair share" in taxes.

PoohBearJo

Tmz cut my comment then put twice my old comment. Can we enjoy the dumb stories w/o the bs ..she's been there so current taxea

PoohBearJo

I'm over it have fun lol