Evanescence Guitarist

Haunted By Managers ...

You Owe Us $500,000!

1/28/2013 2:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0125-ben-moody-gettyFormer Evanescence guitarist Ben Moody has 500,000 reasons to be in a piss poor mood ... 'cause his managers are suing him ... claiming he owes half-a-million bucks in unpaid commissions.

FYI -- Ben's also a HUUUUUGE songwriter ... penning hits for music giants like Celine Dion, Avril Lavigne, Daughtry ... and he even wrote the Kelly Clarkson mega-hit "Because of You."

Also ... he produced a couple of songs for Lindsay Lohan (but hey, everyone makes mistakes).

Anyway, Ben's being sued by Rider Management Inc. ... which claims they inked a deal with Ben back in 2006 (3 years after he left Evanescence) to receive commission on his various projects.

But according to Rider ... Ben stiffed the company out of $500,000 in back commissions and kept the money for himself.

We reached out to Ben, but haven't heard back ... which is sad. What's even sadder ... SOMEONE LET LINDSAY LOHAN COVER A STEVIE NICKS SONG?!?!

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes!

LK

I LOVE THAT SONG !!!!
WAS LINDSAY LIP SYNCING IT 2 ??? LOL

LK

ALL I CLD HER WAS THE BACK UP SINGERS LOL

LK

WAS SHE TRYING 2 GRIND UP ON THE BACK-UP SINGERS ??? LOL

CJ

I remember when she did this, though I didn't watch it. I remember hearing she covered this and how annoyed I was because I didn't think she deserved the honor of it. Everyone was hailing her to be the next big thing. A friend of mine dragged me to see Mean Girls and Freaky Friday and I thought she was a terrible actress and that something was "off" about her. Sure enough, my instincts were right. She fooled everyone for a minute there. Watching this now is embarrassing. She's so unprofessional and obvi has zero talent.

BB not bb

I think she is a better actress but you have to hand it to her for trying. It reminded me of Janis Joplin meets Stevie Nicks. I don't know, it was kind of embarassing and yet, it was intersting enough to watch to the end.

spectator72

I'll have to bookmark this video .So I don't happen to see it again .Talk about off key no lip-sync here and her dancing looks like a bad walk .
Lindsay Lohan singing gives a whole new meaning to a feral pup howling to the moon and the bad thing about it .Your pet dog will sing along .
Lindsay Lohan new Dvd ''Truck stop America ''singing the greatest hits of Elvis , Johnny Cash Stevie Nicks and Neil Young classic ''Down by the River .I hope she sings so far down river she can't be heard

lol

lol at the headline and isn't edge of seventeen just a cover of Stevie Nicks song

JimmyCrapCorn

That's the kind of performance you give in front of your mirror at home, not in public.

YouDontSay

If she had just stood there and sang without the coked out moves with the backup singers and orchestra overpowering...

hoopee

Lindsay is so high, you can tell she actually THINKS she sounds like Stevie Nicks. Thanks, TMZ. After watching that disaster first thing on Monday morning, my week can only get better. More like the "Edge of Disaster."

Skins

Not bad

tamma

my god this is one HUUUUUGELY ugly man.
please kill yourself

judy jetson

Mentioning Lindsay lohan again Harvey?? Desperate for comments much!?!?!?

5150

Sadly, if Lindsay could have kept her head screwed on straight and practiced and gotten some voice coaching she might have been a good singer. NEVER as good as Stevie but decent enough.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments