Casey Anthony

I Won't Be Held Back Anymore

1/29/2013 10:07 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0129_casey_anthony_cbs_article_party
Casey Anthony has broken her 7-month silence ... telling CBS 5 in AZ that she's determined to move forward with her life -- and the station insists Casey wasn't paid a single cent for the interview.

The 26-year-old agreed to a phone interview from her Florida home on Friday under the condition that the reporter ONLY ask her about her bankruptcy situation.

"This is the next step towards closure for me," Anthony explained.

Anthony was also asked about a pending lawsuit filed by a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez who claimed Casey had defamed her when she told cops in 2008 that a fake nanny named "Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez" kidnapped her daughter, Caylee.

Gonzalez is suing Anthony for unspecified damages. Anthony told CBS 5 she hoped that case (and two other pending lawsuits against Anthony) would be behind her by now.

"These are the things holding me back," Anthony said. "This is the key for me to move forward."

Casey also gave the station a couple of recent photos -- showing her hanging out with her legal team back in August.

The reporter who got the interview later released a statement ... saying, "TO BE PERFECTLY CLEAR... Anthony and/or her legal team are not, have not and will not be paid or compensated in any way by me or my news organization. Nor have I personally received any financial consideration in relation to this story.”

Scary

Oh, poor her, how sad, she's struggling to move forward. At least her mother didn't kill and dump her.

lynkel

She will never be able to move on. We the people wont let her. Shame this beotch back into hiding. I vacation is AZ a lot...oh boy do i hope i run into her. No hands, but boy will she get a tounge lashing. I will make sure everyone around knows we are in the company of a baby killer. You know shes reading thesr comments. Casey i hope you die a painful death. God will turn you away from the pearly gates and send you to hell where you belong.

Joan K

She is a POS and always will be a POS and it is sickening that these idiots even had a picture taken with this POS. It sure saids alot for them, doesn't it?

Katz

You found this news about this killer! I hope people point and call her a baby killer every time some one sees this bag of crap! Whatever station gives her any time on TV, I will not watch and will make sure none of my friends watch that show ever again!

Margo

She needs to suffer like her daughter did. I hope her "future"is MiSERABLE

beachgal

Why pretend she needs ‘closure’, she’s a sociopath with no feelings for anyone but for herself. She murdered her child in a fit of rage because her mother wouldn't baby-sit then drove around for days with the dead body in her car trunk until it stunk so bad she had to ditch the car, and then she threw daughter's little body in the swamp around the corner from her house where it was torn to shreds by wildlife. Oh but she says it was only Caylee's SHELL that was devoured.
We know what you did, child-killer, it’s in the evidence and it’s all still public record... go duct tape your own nose, mouth & eyes until you die,, the same way you killed your daughter. jmo.

Linda

Oh my gosh!
Look at her it that photo! She thinks that she's famous,but she is infamous. Those people standing around her like she's special. How pathetic.
When is she going to disappear?

Ann

calling dexter

tgrfan42069

not guilty mother ****ers...also it ticks me off that these people feel they have to say she got paid nothing.**** that if you paid her so be it it is no one elses business

Just me

She wants to move forward in her life. I hate to say this but she won't have a life. Maybe behind closed doors. There is a lot of angry people out there that will never forget. Her best chance at survival is in hiding or move out of the states but I doubt she will be safe anywhere. She don't pay her bills so who she going to pay to protect her? She got away with murder (so did OJ) karma is not pretty specially when you hurt and kill a child. Her real punishment is the after life.....

sky

I bet she will be pregnant soon.

pimpc

I'm just saying....I'd hit it..

diane

Whore and murderer. I can't believe these people would actually take a picture with or converse with this murderer. Terrile

Kookla

Piece of shieeeet!

Nicole707

**** casey anthony.. Dumb **** child killer.. Of course she did interview without gettin paid... She just wants the attention!! Shame on those 12 jurors!!!