Casey Anthony

I Won't Be Held Back Anymore

1/29/2013 10:07 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0129_casey_anthony_cbs_article_party
Casey Anthony has broken her 7-month silence ... telling CBS 5 in AZ that she's determined to move forward with her life -- and the station insists Casey wasn't paid a single cent for the interview.

The 26-year-old agreed to a phone interview from her Florida home on Friday under the condition that the reporter ONLY ask her about her bankruptcy situation.

"This is the next step towards closure for me," Anthony explained.

Anthony was also asked about a pending lawsuit filed by a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez who claimed Casey had defamed her when she told cops in 2008 that a fake nanny named "Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez" kidnapped her daughter, Caylee.

Gonzalez is suing Anthony for unspecified damages. Anthony told CBS 5 she hoped that case (and two other pending lawsuits against Anthony) would be behind her by now.

"These are the things holding me back," Anthony said. "This is the key for me to move forward."

Casey also gave the station a couple of recent photos -- showing her hanging out with her legal team back in August.

The reporter who got the interview later released a statement ... saying, "TO BE PERFECTLY CLEAR... Anthony and/or her legal team are not, have not and will not be paid or compensated in any way by me or my news organization. Nor have I personally received any financial consideration in relation to this story.”

Made it Past 27

YOU Want closure? closure ONLY comes from TELLING THE TRUTH. You will never have closure.

Areal1

She needs to just go away forever.

MAS

Why is she still alive? Figured someone would've done her by now

Toallthehatersoftheworld

Bitch please. Why is she not in jail

Sue

This is the most disgusting picture I have seen in a long time . Look at these idiots smiling with a baby killer !!!

America needs to remind Casey she is s*** off a shoe and will NEVER be accepted, forgiven, or respected in her ENTIRE MISERABLE LIFETIME

Move on? Not until the last ray of sunshine has shined, Rot in hell you lying psycho

As for CBS in AZ:

BOYCOTT CBS AMERICAN PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let's all unite and throw this show off the air !!!

luvlee_121

why is this animal allow to speak. NO media should give her any light for her to use as a vitctim. This animal has the guts to say, she needs to move on? really? I hope you log on TMZ from your cave you are now hiding in and know that someday you will pay for KILLING your DAUGHTER. How can you live with your evil, lying, manipulative piece of sh!t you are? Hope you get no sleep at night.

Fushizzle

Leave the woman alone, geez!

Sue

America is OUT RAGED by this pic

I want the million dollar question answered:

Why has a "wrongful death" suit not been filed? OJ Simpson was found not guilty but still had a wrongful
Death suit brought against him, where he HAD TO
testify, and was found guilty. I want this lying child killer on the stand to hear her story, even though it is all lies, And then found libel for little darling Caylee's death and disposal in a swamp to rot

Harvey, please make this part of tomorrow's discussion. Why no Wrongful death suit so far?

Columbo

How long till some serial killer finally decapitates this b i t c h ?

robin

Too bad Caley could not say that you bitch

Revelationz

Is it just me or does that woman get uglier with every photo that is "leaked" of her? That long horse face is the only thing uglier than her inside. I hope she suffers a long drawn out painful death and when that happens, no matter what, its gonna have to be a closed coffin because of that fugly face.

pattie

Killer,,,,,

Mayu

Bitch will never move on. No matter where she tries to go, unless she leaves the country, she'll be the most hated woman alive and will hopefully always be looking over her shoulder. I wish they'd charge her federally where there is no double jeopardy and put her where she belongs. She's a disgusting baby killing pig.

Marco

Look at the CBS 5 covering their @ss...

Vonarie

I hope she rots in hell and she can take her "legal team" with her. I can't believe any of the victims of the shooting in Denver hired them - pathetic!