« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo

I'M GAY

... I Think

1/30/2013 6:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

013013_manti_teo_dr_phil

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo is gay ... at least he thinks he's gay ... he's not really sure -- at least that's what he told Dr. Phil.

Phil appeared on "Today" this morning ... and dished about his interview with the man behind the Manti Te'o not-really-dead girlfriend hoax.

"Here we have a young man that fell deeply, romantically in love," Phil said of Ronaiah.

"I ask him straight up ... was this a romantic relationship with you? And he says, 'Yes.'"

Phil continued ... "I said, are you then, therefore, gay?  And he says, 'Well, when you put it that way, yes.'"

Phil says Ronaiah then "caught himself" and said, "I am confused."

Phil says Ronaiah admitted to running the hoax -- but says he had a number of life experiences that left him "damaged" in many serious ways.

As we previously reported, Manti says he had NOTHING to do with the hoax and was just an innocent victim. He also told Katie Couric he was FAR, FAR, FAR from gay.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Gretel

Wait a minute ... I thought the family ID'd the recorded voice as a cousin named Tino in Pago Pago or some place like that? No one could ever convince me that that was a man on the other end of the phone both in voice and in content. No way. This asswhole is cashing in on his 15 minutes; wah wah poor me I had incidents in my childhood. I call BS on this one.

Randrew

I feel bad for both of them. Unrequited love........

Your S&M Girlfriend

If this moron was an 11 or 12 year old boy I could see him saying he thought he might be gay, but by that age a human being is fully aware of their sexual preference(s). Do any of these people ever tell the truth?

antigirlygirl

I knew it! How did Manti not know? Time to fess up, boy!

jeff

Women can test the water without going all the way in but with men Howard Stern once said it best, "If you even think you are, you are".

Chaleco81

Both of them are GAY.

Metta Worldhate

Duh

sgm

Me thinks Manti doth protests too much! So what if he is gay, he was in on the hoax all along, he is a whacko himself!

Kamar

Manti is not a victim the longer this story runs the truth is being lost. Manti at first did say he met her, his dad said she even visited him in Hawaii. This was all to try and win the Heismenn Trophy out of sympathy. Come on his girlfriend got in a car crash and died of leukemia and he never went to the hospital to see her and he said of not going to the funeral that he was honoring her with his playing as she wanted.

total scrotal implosion

Why would Notre dames Heisman candidate need to have an online relationship..he was covering his ass literally lol

Cheryl A.

If you have sex with a person of the same sex as you are then yeah, GAY. I mean, if you are straight you don't ever have sex with someone of your own sex so GAY.

JusticeINC

Did Phil ever ask if the Te'o clan paid him off to take all the blame? Did Phil bring in a lie detector?

Dublin2016

No need to be fake. If he's gay, then he's gay. Be yourself, people will accept you. No need to make up girlfriends just to "cover your true self"!

kisstheringfool

Maybe he's pansexual

anony

Okay, to sum up: Ronaiah is gay and Manti is stupid.

Do we all got that?