« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ronaiah Tuiasosopo

I'm a Recovering Homosexual

1/31/2013 11:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

013113_ron_dr_phil_gay
The man behind the Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax -- a deeply religious Christian -- told Dr. Phil he believes he suffers from homosexuality ... and desperately needs to "recover" from it.

During his interview, Dr. Phil asked Ronaiah Tuiasosopo straight ... "Are you gay?"

Ronaiah replied, "If you look at this situation and everything that I've been through, I would say yeah I'm gay. But honestly I'm so confused."

Ronaiah -- who admitted he had deeply romantic feelings for Manti -- added, "It takes a lot of courage to recover from homosexuality and this type of thing and coming back to your real life. As hard of a task it is, I'm going to do all I can to live right."

Dr. Phil was blown away by Ronaiah's response, saying, "This is for another time, but I have so much to say to you about what you just said, because a lot of it bothers me so much." He added, "But we will talk about that another time."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

BellaJ

How sad that religion makes him believe there's something wrong with him. My God is a loving God and wouldn't hate him for loving another man. I hope he can find some peace

Throwback kid

It looks like he is also a recovering foodaholic! this guy is putting on the pounds, maybe he is nursing his broken heart with his breakup from Teo be carbing up?

EasilyHard

Sexuality is a like an On Off button For a million hed be gay T r U S T

Michelle

What a bunch of horse sh*t! A recovering homosexual? Well he better bottle that sh*t and sell it online since all the crazy bible thumpers will actually believe this is something you can "recover" from... So stupid....

lord flashheart

'he believes he suffers from homosexuality' , LOL homosexuality ain't a disease honey, you're born straight , bi or homo.
Pray the gay away aint gonna help.

antigirlygirl

What the hell is a recovering homosexual? Like he's a recovering alcoholic or addict? Instead just take your medicine and quit trying to be something you're not, which is straight.

blake

theres no 12 stps for homos lol

cassandra

OMG YOU DIDNT GET THE FLU...BEING HOMOSEXUAL IS NOT SOMETHING YOU CAN CURE WITH NYQUIL....WHAT A JOKE! AND WHO CARESIF YOUR GAY....IF YOUR FAMILY DOES THEN YOU KNOW WHAT THEY ARE SELFISH PIGS AND DONT DESERVE YOU.....BE TRUE TO YOURSELF AND SURROUND YOURSELF WITH PEOPLE WHO LOVE YOU JUST THE WAY YOU ARE, GAY OR NOT!!!!

OK NOW LETS STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS SOME OF THESE TMZ STORIES GET WAY TOO MUCH ATTENTION!! LIKE THAT QUARTERBACKS GIRL FRIEND!!!!!!!

BSname

OMG is this contagious?
The gov't should quarantine this guy before his homosexuality spreads.

Chris Kaman Your Eye

Ronaiah got paid to take the blame. To take the heat off of Manti.

buzz kill

Good for him, the first step to recovery it to admit you are sick.

hummingbird

Recover from homosexuality? Are you freaking kidding me? It's not something you recover from! Your GAY get over it and deal with it ! Except it or shoot yourself dead!

emme

"Recovering" really? Just admit it, it will be okay.

FLO

How sad that he thinks he thinks he needs to recover from how he was born.

ShawnGz