Ben Affleck's Oscar Speech

Can He Recover

... At Home??

2/25/2013 7:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

022513_ben_affleck_oscars_v2_launchBen Affleck could probably use a ladder to get out of that hole he dug himself into at the Oscars last night when he called out the imperfections in his marriage to Jennifer Garner during his "Argo" victory speech.

You could hear the nervous laughter from the crowd when Affleck -- who was racing through his speech -- said, "I want to thank my wife ... for working on our marriage for 10 Christmases."

He continued, "It's good ... it IS work, but it's the best kind of work ... and there's no one I'd rather work with."

We respect his honesty ... and Garner was smiling when the camera cut to her ... but how do you think the comment went over at home, behind closed doors?

We gotta ask ...

KicksandGiggles

Walmart has a sale on petroleum jelly and thats all I am going to say. Its going to be his best friend for a while.

Mrugowsky

At least he thanked her. On live t.v. no less.

Cami

It's awesome and refreshing. Most celebs give up and divorce 6 days after getting married so he's being honest and saying how it IS work and loves it! Very sweet!

StarryStarryNight

tmz writers were the ones who stopped up the toilets last night.

tdr9

One hand washes the other

The Universe

There is nothing to recover from Ben was happy and emotional because Hollywood has finally accepted him back into the fold after rejecting him all those years for being with that ghetto J-LOW! She almost ruined his career and even Seth made fun of him while introducing Ben and Ben shot back at him. Ben knows that Garner is the best thing that ever happened to him she is the reason why his career is now back on top.

UnSub

I thought his speech was a compliment to them both, as two people who know 'happily ever after' is a full time job.

Nun ja biz

Marriage is hard work! They do an amazing job and it sounded like a joke if you ask me. He seemed baffled.

Pecker

Pretty sure TMZ is reading WAYYYY too much into that...

BenBen

Does anyone DOUBT that living with Garner would be a daily chore? Remember her Conan appearance?

bright eyez

Marriage is hard work. I would think that two actors would have to work extra hard on their relationship. At least hes not ashamed to admit that he or his marriage are not perfect.

Savannah

I didn't see any problem about he said. Every marriage needs constant work.

KIMSTOP!!

This site sucks. I can't believe you write a "story" about that. And yet you photograph the Kartrashians (with tall, beautiful actresses no less) and continue to tell the readers how wonderful they look. Yuck. Time to hang it up, Harvey.

Jona

At least he was honest. Better than "you're the love of my life, center of my universe". Oscars can use some reality and less phoniness. Every marriage is work, and he said "it's the best work". I thought that was sincere and sweet.

Max Smart

The TMZ guys need to get a grip.Married couples don't agree on everything all the time. There's always a bit of tweaking that has to be done. That's what he seemed to be referring to. You are reading way too much into it. Like everything else pretty much.