Seth MacFarlane

I'll NEVER Host

the Oscars Again

2/26/2013 7:43 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0226_seth_macfarlane

Rest easy, prudes ... and Kardashian family ... 'cause "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane says there's "no way" he'll return to the Academy Awards as a host.

MacFarlane's hosting performance has been the subject of some major media scrutiny ... by people who take the awards WAAYYY too seriously ... yet, ratings for the show were reportedly UP this year.

Still, when Seth was asked on Twitter if he would ever return as the host ... he tweeted back, "No way. Lotta fun to have done it, though."

Oh, and in case you forgot the joke he made about the K-Squad ... here's what he said while talking about Ben Affleck in "Argo":

"First time I saw him with all that dark facial hair, I thought 'My god, the Kardashians have finally made the jump to film.'"

C'mon ... that's funny stuff.

0226_oscar_hosts_years_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

Prentice

To be considered a perfect host for the Oscars, u must 1) be Billy Crystal 2) Have no sense of social observation 3) Kiss major ass 4) Pretend everyone in the room lives in a vacuum 5) Dont make fun of anyone 6) Be as thin skinned, egotistical and stiff as the crowd ur performing in front of 7) Make light weight, politically correct, progressive jokes that do not touch on race, sex or etc.. i.e everything Seth Mcfarland is not

Prentice

To be considered a perfect host for the Oscars, u must 1) be Billy Crystal 2) Have no sense of social observation 3) Pretend everyone in the room lives in a vacuum 4) Kiss major ass 5) Dont hurt make fun of anyone 6) Make light weight, politically correct, progressive jokes that do not touch on race, sex or etc. 7) Be as egotistical and stiff as the crowd ur performing in front of.. i.e everything Seth Mcfarland is not

Bob DaMahn

Good once was too many!

Robin

Ok I am taking a stand For Seth MacFarlane I rewatched the oscars trying to see what people took so bad. Except for Ben Affleck who is an a.. everyone seemed to be having fun. My question is if they wanted a serious person to host why oh why would you choose Seth MacFarlane I love you Seth I thought you were funny and also you cut up yourself too. The song and dance was great I wish somebody thought my boobies were with singing abou LOL This is as stupid as being upset with Roseanne Barr for her singing They are comedians Geez

AISHA

OMG Seth should give himself some cred and a pat on the back.

I think he did the best job anyone could do with the Oscars, and then some, bc it's the Oscars for crying out loud and not the MVA's.

Remember Billy Crystal is tough act to follow for clean comedy.

It's not like the GG where you could pull Ricky Gervais jokes out from down under.

I'd watch next year if he hosted again.

AISHA

I agree Stewy should def host next year

Hayley

I thought Seth McFarlen was hilarious but next year I would love to see Jimmy Kimmel host the Oscars, his post-Oscar show made my night with the premier of Movie:The Movie 2V! http://bit.ly/MovieTheMovie2

zimyola

*LOL*.....wow!. From a family who loves to insult, and joke with each other!

gvernay

I thought he did great, there is too many bored people out there with no talent that cant shutup

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10