Bonnie Franklin

Dead at 69

3/1/2013 10:09 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0301-bonnie-franklin-gettyBonnie Franklin -- who starred as Ann Romano on the classic TV show "One Day at a Time" -- died today due to complications from pancreatic cancer. She was 69.

Franklin had announced she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in September 2012.

Franklin had a long career, but was best known for playing the mother to Valerie Bertinelli and Mackenzie Phillips on "One Day at a Time" from 1975-1984.

She was married to playwright Ronald Sossi from 1967 to 1970 and to film producer Marvin Minoff from 1980 until his death in November 2009. She had no children.

0301_bonnie_franklin_footer

RICH

you do a photo gallery to honor her death then you fill it with adds shame on you

John F. C. Taylor

She was the reason I watched the show. I'll miss her.

Capt_carl

Back in the day I watched it alot. Was one of the nicer shows. the bill board will read Now staring Bonnie Franklin. Use to say to people Here today gone tomorrow, Now we say here today gone today, Rest in peace.

Guillermo

It's always sad to see someone that you saw so much on TV.
I used to watch "One Day at a Time," every Sunday evening!

Dopey

Those fingers growing out of her shoulder in the top picture above should have been a dead giveaway that something was amiss.
Rest in peace!

sophiastormy

I enjoyed that show.

the real diva

so sad. she was such a great actress and a classy lady. may she rest in peace. my condolences go out to her and her family and one day at a time co-stars who are all griving. may Bonnie RIP

tigrr

Bonnie also starred on Broadway with Lauren Bacall in the musical: APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE. She was great!

rkksa

In the breaking news picture of Bonnie Franklin - whose hand is on her shoulder and where is the rest of the person?

Cheeshke

So sad. I hope she's at peace now.
I'll always be glad to have been able to have known of her and gotten the chance to see some of her work. Thanks for the memories, Bonnie.

bobby

she was a fabulous actress and the tv show was one of my all time favorites..
god bless you bonnie...

GeoPat

Y'know, this is an extreme irony. On the same page announcing Bonnie Franklin's death is a slide show on large Hollywood breasts. Bonnie was an ardent femminist, and severely object not only to the slide show, but it being linked up to an article about her!
TMZ has no judgment and no respect!

J.E.B.

Another bright light has winked out on Broadway, and Hollywood is less bright tonight. God bless you, Bonnie.

Cricket

Sad news. A very beautiful & talented lady. She'll be missed. Prayers to her family.

Rich

Rest in peace Bonnie. I loved your character on One Day at a Time.