Chris Brown

I Finally Learned That

Beating Women Is Wrong

4/1/2013 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0401_chris_brown_videoIt took Chris Brown 23 years but he's finally done it -- he's learned that hitting women is a bad thing!

CB sat down with Matt Lauer on "Today" this morning and actually opened up about his relationship with Rihanna, rather than throw a chair through a window when asked about it.

"As far as me and her are concerned," Brown said ... "She knows my heart and I know her heart. I'm not really focused on the negative, everything about it is positive for me. I did my 52 weeks of counseling and learned that it was absolutely wrong."

So that's a 23-year-old man ... having to learn that beating the living crap out of a woman ... is wrong.

Gold star for you, Chris.

Truth

APRIL FOOLS!!! IT'S THE LAME PR MOVE - AGAIN. HOWEVER, IT'S NOT WRONG BEING AN ASS **** +100, HAVING TEMPER TANTRUMS, THROWING CHAIRS AROUND ON THE NBC SET, BREAKING WINDOWS, ARGUING OVER A LAME PARKING SPOT, FIGHTING WITH OTHER GANGSTA RAPPERS IN NITE CLUBS CAUSING LAWSUITS AND THOUSANDS IN DAMAGES, OR ATTACKING GAY RNB SINGERS IN A BACK ALLEY STUDIO... BUT HE IS 100% SUITABLE AS JUSTINE BIEBER'S MENTOR! #TRUTH!!

ashleymj

April Fools you got us good Chris Jk, but serious don't hurt her again

ellis seawell

Great news. Now, if he can give up crack, racism, and that overblown ego problem that so outstrips his pathetic little talent maybe he will redeem the waste of skin he is.

PJ in Texas

Hey Chris brown ... why don't you come beat on me you piece of **** thug.

PJ in Texas

I don't have a lot of respect for Rhianna either

Chaps

Dont believe it. You can take the boy out of the ghetto but....

Well you know the rest of the line.

Sweetandsas

Chris Brown is going with his life, like he should be with his head held high. Stop it with the ugly noise, life is to short. (We need to put more love in this world) I just want good music from Chris, that's all we should care about is to make sure we get our money worth when we buy his album.

Vince

Wrong until the next time......

Andre

Hitting a woman is bad, Yes, Chris. . . that is BAD. But have you discovered what it is within you that leads you to the point of hitting a woman? Yes? Good! If the answer is NO! You will hit a woman again!

travcm

I think he was 20 (not 23) when he completed the 52 week program. If he gets interviewed in another 20 years and refers back to the day when he learned that beating a woman is wrong, will you spin it to 'it took Chris Brown 43 years to learn'?

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

It would be such a breath of fresh air if people would just take responsibility for their actions once in awhile. How hard is for people to just say that they did something wrong, they knew it was wrong, acted on impulse, or just didn't care at that moment (for whatever reason)? It's not hard.

CoconutScrimp

Shame RiHOnna hasn't learn that lesson. OK, it's no shame 'cause she went back with Chris and I don't feel sorry for her.

Janet

So he's switched to men? At least the odds are more even that way. His anger doesn't seem under control at all. Rich, young, famous=entitled, spoiled, delusional.

What does he think would have happened to people on the ground below where he ****tered a window in a sky scraper and tossed a chair through a window? Something "positive"?

People actually die from "accidents" like that.

Phreaky

Oh BS - he just learned what he needed to say to make people quit slamming him. That's it. Period. He got boo'd at the Knicks game last night when they showed him on the big screen. He's tired of it. He's been asking people "How do I make this stop?" Someone finally told him - "Do an interview, talk about how sorry/regretful you are. The fans will change and quit booing you" - and this interview is the result.

Logan R

Is it me or when he mentions his counseling does he make it sound like he did time? (I did my 52 weeks of counseling) Saying he paid his debt to society in going to classes about not slappin a H** so get off his back about it.