'Modern Family' Star

My Mother Is DEAD to Me

5/17/2013 3:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0517-tmz-ariel-winter"Modern Family" star Ariel Winter is throwing DISS after DISS at her birth mom ... making it clear, she wants NOTHING to do with her biological life-giver ever again.

As you know, 15-year-old Ariel has been at war with Chrystal Workman for the past year -- and even got a judge to strip her mother of custody in 2012 after claiming she was subjected to emotional abuse.

Now, Ariel is pouring salt in the wound -- by making public statements in which she makes it clear, her mother is dead to her ... and her older sister Shanelle has filled the emotional void.

When asked about her family yesterday, Winter told People.com, "My sister is the most amazing woman I've ever met in my life. If I could be half the woman she is ... she's kind of who I want to be like."

Did you catch the thinly veiled dig at her mom? If not, check out what she Instagrammed on Mother's Day:

"Happy Mother's Day to my amazing mister, Shanelle Gray. I know everyone is going to ask what a mister is, so I'll explain. It means mom/sister to me."

She continued, "She's my best friend ... She's also the most incredible mother. I am so blessed and lucky to have her."

Translation -- Ariel's over Chrystal ... and from what we're told, she has good reason. How's THAT for a modern family?

0422_MYSTERY_MOTHERS_footer

R.Savage

Some mothers have their own interest at heart, not their child's..... that's just the way it is. I had a bad relationship with my mother from the time I was about 10. She is a horrible woman. The "She gave birth to you" excuse doesn't make up for years of neglect and abuse. As far as I'm concerned, Ariel is cutting out the cancer from her life before it gets to big.

Ming

Where does it read that she says 'her mother is dead to her'? That's just what tmz wrote.

sunnyroberto

In 5 years or so, this girl will make Amanda Bynes look like a nun in training.

buggaz

She only 15 but already is ho

mw870

I don't know if she emotionally abused her daughter or not. None of us really do. Hell, lets just say she did. But do not forget, this also has to do with the older boy she was seeing. Her brother already confirmed it. This is not just about the Mom being mean.

jus do it

What it is yo

jwoolman

Don't be ridiculous, TMZ. She didn't diss her mom. She just talked about the real family relationship with her older sister, who is acting as a parent to her. The court gave custody of her to the older sister for good reason. She certainly never said "my mother is dead to me". You are trying to paint this girl in a bad light only because a judge and social services were convinced in a court of law that she needed to be removed from her mom and cared for by her older sister. You must be desperate for stories now that Lindsay Lohan is locked up "like Lindsay Lohan", so you're making them up from whole cloth. Move along, folks, there's nothing to see here.

Asoil

Her mother probably feels the same about this ungrateful brat. The sister is fueling the separation because she hates her mother too for saying No to her.. If your kids don;t hate you at some point in their life you're not doing your job right. Her mother is better off without this creepy kid. Don't worry Ariel, what goes around comes around. If you don't want karma to bite your face off, don't have any kids. At the rate you are going you should change your name to lindsay lohan.

kitnplayn

The word is mom-ster.

Luz

What could possibly happened so bad for this teenage girl express herself with so much hate about her mother !?

Luz

What could possibly happened for this teenage girl express herself about her mother with so much hate?!

Pers

Just because someone gave birth - doesn't make them a mother. Many of you need to think before posting your tripe.

backfire

Whatever emotional abuse happened or you thought happened--realize by publicly saying cruel things to your mother only reveals you are hurting and miss her.

Ant

people.com is the most amazing celebrity news site i've ever met in my life

(thinly veiled dig at tmz)

damienevil

A loud mouth child has rightfully been called a hammer without a head

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments