James Gandolfini

Possible Last Photo Before Death

6/20/2013 11:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0620_james_gandolfini_meal_rome_twitter
James Gandolfini dined at an Italian restaurant and was photographed during his meal shortly before he died.

We've been getting unconfirmed reports Gandolfini was at Vitti restaurant in Rome -- where the pic was taken -- hours before his death.  Although we know he was there, the restaurant can't confirm if it turned out to be his last meal.

And now we know ... doctors tried in vain for 40 minutes to resuscitate the actor.  They tried everything -- heart massage and other methods but there was no electric activity from the heart, meaning he was probably dead before he even got to the hospital.  The hospital confirms that.

There will be an autopsy, which will probably include a toxicology report that will reveal if drugs or alcohol were in Gandolfini's system.

The chief doc at the ER says it looks like the "Sopranos" star died of natural causes -- a heart attack.

Harlin's Garage

he was a little over weight, but for god's sake the man has died in front of his only son... TMZ is gonna rock this thing hard too.. Death photo and all. C'mon, let the man rest in peace. TMZ, no more stories on this guy for awhile, focus on the sound of that PARIS KLEIN train wreck heading this way....

noel

No one should be stunned by a 300 lb man dying of a heart attack at 50. it's all a very sad choice. It'll be Christie next. He just turned 50 too.

Kanona

I never watched The Soprano's but I think he was an amazing actor and from what people who knew him say, a very kind soul.

jane

I am going to b truthful about how I c this, having lost lovely parents while they where young and a brother and sister even younger .So many will think badly of me when I say that everytime this man was spoken to by anyone , even joe public, I did witness a person say 'wow hello' and his response? shut up , get out of here and as he yelled his face turned red and HE made a speticle of himself, he caused a crowd.... not this older woman who was just about running away scared. So dude, u made lots of money and u were so unkind every time someone said hey to you, maybe ur blood pressure was to high for the type of job u chose. Good luck, no one will bother u now. I do mean good luck because u just were not happy and if someone says well it was the public who bothered him, grow up, I know who started a screaming match and it was not a older lady who wanted to say hello and go.She asked for nothing

chloelee29

So unbearably sad. For the son to find his father this way, is beyond words devastating. I would bet Lisa Marie Presley will reach out to the boy as she herself found her daddy at a far too young age dying of a heart attack as well. So sad when someone this young passes away. And even made more sad that his young son was with him when it happened. Whoever is blaming his weight or former drug use shut the f*ck up. No one deserves to die at 51 and NO 13 year old boy needs to see his father dying before his eyes.

Mrugowsky

It's appropriate somehow that he died in Italy. Though it certainly is sad.

carmen

that's so creepy. he looks fine and then ....your dead. HOw sad. when it's your time it's your time and that's why you live life to the fullest.

Rich

RIP my friend.

LittleBIt

<3 : (

Drama1245

R.I.P, you will be missed Tony Soprano

PoGotcha

It was an honor to have worked with James Gandolfini. R.I.P.

Larry T

Of course, in Italy they call Italian restaurants simply restaurant.

hotandcold

Oh. geez, do we really need to be ghouls?

Let the man R.I.P!!!

VNVgirl

watch his scenes in the Mexican with brad pitt and julia roberts. he was amazing and kind and i know he said that he wished he played softer roles ... its sad we never got to see more of them. he's one of my fav actors. RIP James...

jerseysoprano

This isn't a recent picture, try again TMZ. Unless the Tattoo Parlor picture was a fake. R.I.P James Gandolfini!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments