« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Trayvon Martin Verdict

I'm Ashamed to Wear U.S. Flag

Says Black Olympic Boxer

7/16/2013 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0715_trayvon_martin_george_zimmerman_boxer_article

U.S. Olympic boxer Terrell Gausha is so disgusted over the George Zimmerman verdict ... he's vowing to never sport the red, white and blue again.

Gausha -- who boxed in the 2012 London Summer Games -- started wearing the American flag on his boxing trunks after his Olympic run ... but tells TMZ he's done with that now in the wake of Zimmerman's acquittal in the killing of Trayvon Martin.

0715_Gaushavs_Caplinger_Article
Terrell adds, "How can I wear my stars and stripes proudly in a country where they make a big deal out of Mike Vick fighting dogs; but not a young innocent black male's life."

Gausha added, "When I represented my country in the Olympics I was proud to wear my flag. I even wore it on my head on the way to the ring. What happened this weekend was a slap in the face."

Gausha has turned pro -- so he's not eligible for the U.S. team in 2016 -- but doesn't sound like he's interested ... telling us he refuses to rep a "nation with so much racism and hatred."

0716_proud_american_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

bobbie32

So has everyone forgot about the big OJ trial? You know where a black man killed 2 white people? You didn't hear of white athletes disowning the USA. And as far as the jury, Both lawyers picked 3 each.. so be pissed at TM lawyer for picking white people.. God get over yourself!

William

It's obvious that this idiot doesn't read the news or the history books, to see the devastation blacks have caused in this country. How about 5 blacks convicted of killing 2 white kids in Knoxville? How about 1,000 murders in Chicago over the past two years? How about O.J. "The Butcher" Simpson?

Greg

He's right, America is still racist and damn ya'll white folks

William

This guy can join the RaceBaiters Club, with obama, sharpton and jackson.

bigfofif

**** this ignorant monkey. Black people are the new racist I love how they blame whites for there own nonsence gangmember thug lifstyle I wish all monkeys left america

Swins

I don't think "innocent black male" means what he thinks it does.

Nyd

What a f**kin dummy, since when is self-defense "Un-American". Black people are so brainwashed by s*** like Obama,Sharpton etc that they aren't even able think rationally anymore. Like they are in some big race based cult.

cass

Then get the fk out of the USA

DJS

Only in America can a brown guy shoot a black guy and whites are blamed for it. Sheesh.

CochiseLiberty

Can people NOT understand the concept of self defense? This was not the innocent 12 yr old they'd have you believe. George did NOTHING wrong. This is NOT about race but the ability to defend ourselves. People complaining did NOT watch the trial AT ALL!

peacewithlennon

Simple as this..... get the hell out of our county! !!

bob

I'm proud to be an American

indaknow

I am ashamed this animal calls himself an american!

GonzoBigD

Maybe some dunghole in Africa will take you, Terrell, you ignorant anti-American POS thug. Good riddance!

nikynewark

This ass clown can leave today and no one would miss him. Bye!