Mick Jagger

Gimme Shelter from Katy Perry's Lies

I Never Hit On Her

10/31/2013 1:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1031-mick-jagger-katy-perry-getty
Mick Jagger pulled the lamest rock-n-roll move ever today ... denying he flirted with a young, hot chick named Katy Perry.

In case you missed it ... Perry told an Australian radio show this week she had dinner with Mick when she was 18 -- and singing back-up for his solo project -- and claims the rock legend hit on her.

But today the 70-year old singer actually took the time to release a statement saying he "categorically denies" making a pass at Katy ... adding, "perhaps she is confusing him with someone else."

First he accepted Knighthood from the Queen, now ... he's officially denying hitting on women?

Damn, Mick. Maybe Keith Richards was right.

nof

There are funnier ways to handling this than DENYING it - and I'm glad she told the story.

We all love/respect Mick - dude can do no wrong...

This is actually something just else Mick did RIGHT.

You HAVE to try - you just HAVE to !!!

"Wanna go back to my place... I mean what hotel are you staying in... my bad..."

I respect Mick even more now.

In ten years he should try again...

nof

Great TMZ story choice and title, but ...

Better SONG choice might be:

"I'm Just Waiting On A Friend."

Meaning an erection at age 70.

MIGHT wanna look in the old medicine cabinet dude.

GothamGirl

I take Mick's side, Katy Perry is THE most un-sexy girl out there. She's normal normal normal. She tries to be edgy by changing her look every 3 weeks, but it doesn't work. I like some of her music, but she's not edgy and she's not interesting and she's certainly not sexy!!

PatinNJ

I believe Mick - she didn't have her tits (as Nick would say, "her plus twos") installed yet back then, plus she is fairly ugly without her makeup.

cobrazombie

She wishes he did. The only dudes hitting on her are greasy men like Russell Brand.

Livvie

I believe him. She's looking for publicity for her crappy album.

backfire

Women have a habit of saying a man "hit" on them implying the guy was turned onto them.
I think its fine for Mick to say No, I did not. She does not seem to be his type anyway and it was stupid to say.

tgrfan42069

she looks ok.but really is not all that and a bag of chips.i see prettier ladies walking up town in my area.

Jay W.

Can't blame Mick... If I was involved with Katy in any manner professionally or privately, I'd try to move in. The girl is hot... has a sweetheart personality and without a doubt is a "Super Star!" Numbers don't lie.

kitnplayn

I don't think he hit on her, because he has always admitted it when he has hit on others. He would have no other reason to deny it after all these years.

Laughing at celebrities is fun.

Why would he hit on her he can still get good looking women that can actually sing.

whateveryou

Most folks that read what McKenzie Phillips has said about her, I guess you could say "relationship" with Mick, would believe Katy. When you see the story keep in mind Mick had known McKenie since she was a child , he was pals with her father. Also , I've never seen Mick deny what she said. I think the difference with Katy is , he's not used to hearing the word NO. Fame & money can get you alot of things, but Katy has plenty of that already & doesn't need his.Seriously if you haven't read McKenzie's story, look it up. YUCK!

Italia

It seems to be the fashion these days, to lie about getting hit on by a big celeb. The other popular allegation for darn near everyone who writes a book is that they were molested by somebody. I don't believe either of those lies.

The Zombie

Why would he NOT hit on her? I sure as hell would!

Mike

Of course he issued a statement denying it. Mick doesn't need sh*t stirred up in his life. Katy is just using Mick's name to generate publicity for herself at his expense. A very d-bag move by Katy.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments