'Home Improvement' Star

We Will Never, EVER Have A Reunion

12/30/2013 7:56 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

123013_patricia_richardson_launch
"Home Improvement" -- one of the top-rated sitcoms of the last millennia -- will forever be stuck in the 90s ... because one of its stars tells TMZ there is ZERO chance the entire cast will get back together again.

Fans got a mini dose of H.I. love earlier this year ... when Jonathan Taylor Thomas was a guest star on "Last Man Standing" ... reuniting him with his former TV dad, Tim Allen.

But Patricia Richardson -- who played Jill Taylor on the show -- told us a full-on reunion show is a complete impossibility because one key element is missing -- the neighbor guy Wilson, played by actor Earl Hindman.

Hindman died 10 years ago (Dec. 29, 2003) ... and, according to Richardson, so did any chance of a H.I. reprise.

R.I.P.

Azi

I wouldn't "cast away" the idea of a reunion, maybe Wilson could be re-incarnated into a soccer ball.

Jennifer

That's ok. No one would watch it anyway.

WTF

But he was such a tiny element of the show that he would barely be missed. He wasn't in every episode and his face was always hidden. His character could easily be substituted.

SoManyIdiots

No disrespect to Hindman, but is she talking about the character, or the person? If it's because they don't want to replace the person, I understand. But, characters are replaced (re-cast) frequently. Look at all those Gilligan Island reunions with a different Ginger.

Sami

Respectable reason to not have a reunion.

click

that was the most oddly cast show I can think of. Just a hodgepodge of people. It's a wonder the show worked.

Canadasux

I don't think losing Wilson on "Home" for a reunion show is as bad as "ELR" losing the dad for a reunion show.

Mare

The headline sounds like a Taylor Swift song.

shaun

I am sure Wilson said enough over the years to sample his words or somehow recreate his voice, also they could take his face and put it on another actor, with CG. They really could if they wanted to, or somehow write into the show that he moved or somethign, it is possible. Although not sure many people are interested in seeing it.

bazinga

What makes her think that anybody would even want a reunion show anyway? Stupid show - stupid stars.

royalredus

[Cringe] That photog was SUCH a goofball!! God how awkward.

thisismyusername

Loved that show growing up, I was just a tot and my mom loved watching it. I watch reruns every so often. You may bash it's simplicity, but in the 90's, all shows were as simplistic. Now it's land of the scripted reality shows and we try so hard to fit the same stature of characters into every show. I'll take 90's shows anyway over the crap littering the tv screen now.

PLAYS WELL WITH OTHERS

Did JTT ever come out?

WES7676

That was a bunch of stupid questions to ask her what a retard!

Pillsbury Pancakes

So the guy who never showed his face is dead therefore no reunion? Stupid idiots

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments