Ellen Page

'I Am Gay'

2/14/2014 8:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ellen Page -- who hit Hollywood hard with "Juno" -- just came out in pretty spectacular fashion -- declaring she's gay and saying, "I am tired of hiding and I am tired of lying by omission."

The 26-year-old actress formally unveiled her sexuality at the HRC's Time to Thrive event, an LGBT conference designed to help the LGBT youth, saying, "I am here today because I am gay ... and because maybe I can make a difference."

Page said, "I suffered for years because I was scared to come out.  My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered and my relationships suffered.  And I'm standing here today, with all of you, on the other side of the pain."

Her next big film is "X-Men:  Days of Future Past."  Hollywood will embrace Ellen ... it will be interesting to see if studio big wigs will do the same.

louise

And I'm suppose to care why? Who gives a "F" who she has sex with especially since she is probably making the whole thing up to be relative. jerk.

paul a.

I loved her in Juno........

Mark426

"HEY EVERYBODY...LOOK AT ME"
Why do people who are so starved for attention feel the need to announce their sexual preferences. No one really cares.

nika

im waiting for kristen stewart to be like i'm a lesbo too

Jasonb102678

Its so sad when a women has to turn gay cause they can not find a man.

VBG

WHO CAAAARRRREEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!

stringbender

Didn't she have a kid? Ok let me invite you to think how I do for a second... just bare with me here.... what if I didn't care that people are gay but I think it is wrong for them to use it to boost their careers? They already got what they wanted you defied everything that was mentioned in the bible and you can get married. I honestly don't care. How are you making a difference at this point in the game? You guys already won get over it. Should straight people come out and say I am straight so I can make a difference? This is getting really lame.

peter

i couldn't care who's gay. its none of my business and it is a non-issue...whether you're an actor, athlete, musician, writer, postal inspector or whatever...whether you're gay or not just doesnt matter here. can the person do their chosen work? gay people can just like non-gay people can ...ms. page can certainly ACT,. that's for sure

Richard B

I look forward to the day where nobody will applaud when someone is doing a coming out. This will be a sign that attitudes have finally evolved. When is the last time a straight was applauded because he publicly admitted that he was one of them?

Pockets

Man straight people are so angry.

Richard B

AwkwardCheerios

Now we wait for Kristen Stewart, Kanye, Harry Styles, Louis Tomsolin, Lil Wayne to all come out.

k

Many straight people (not all) take being treated respectfully for granted. Until we all are treated with respect and without fear of judgement, you will have to get used to our fight for equality. Why are the straights that are commenting so angry?

k

btw...I love how a handful of celebrities who have come out have angered so many straights. The comments about making a big deal make me laugh. It's like saying the equal rights movement had to many African Americans....

T-Roy

The real day everyone should be looking for is when a gay person can come out and no one feels angry or upset about the publicity surrounding their announcement. That day will signify a time when attitudes have truly changed.