Ellen Page

'I Am Gay'

2/14/2014 8:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ellen Page -- who hit Hollywood hard with "Juno" -- just came out in pretty spectacular fashion -- declaring she's gay and saying, "I am tired of hiding and I am tired of lying by omission."

The 26-year-old actress formally unveiled her sexuality at the HRC's Time to Thrive event, an LGBT conference designed to help the LGBT youth, saying, "I am here today because I am gay ... and because maybe I can make a difference."

Page said, "I suffered for years because I was scared to come out.  My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered and my relationships suffered.  And I'm standing here today, with all of you, on the other side of the pain."

Her next big film is "X-Men:  Days of Future Past."  Hollywood will embrace Ellen ... it will be interesting to see if studio big wigs will do the same.

MJ

Enough already. I don't buy for a minute that she thought her being gay would damage her career. There is no need to come out, just be yourself and date who ever. That makes it pretty easy to figure out which way you swing.

baby

most of hollywood is gay! you should keep your bedroom business where it belongs, not announce your a ***** licker to the whole world!

JimmyB

Who?

Jarrett

I wonder what all the religious right are saying now, many of them praised "Juno" for being a film that depicts a young girl choosing "life."

Stephan Pickering / Chofetz Chayim ben-Avraham

Ellen Page is a a Horrorwood media created 'actor' who cannot act, write, paint -- none of those aspects of what should constitute an 'artist'...and now, with a career as innocuous as the 'commercials' she has been in, and in order to garner publicity for herself, Ms Page is auctioning off the fact she is a 'lesbian'...pour water into a wine glass, and the water takes the shape of the glass -- she does not impress me with being honest to anyone except her accountant...STEPHAN PICKERING / חפץ ח"ם בן אברהם
Torah אלילה Yehu'di Apikores / Philologia Kabbalistica Speculativa Researcher
לחיות זמן רב ולשגשג

THE KABBALAH FRACTALS PROJECT

ó|ó

The way i see it is first there came a news story of how she and another actress will be in a movie about two lesbians.
Later same day comes the news story she really is gay.
I'm just thinking it is all a PR move to promote the coming movie.
It is a carefully planned and plotted move to gain as much publicity as possible for the movie, and if the backlash is too great she can just say it was all for the movie, and not a real coming-out, but a support-coming-out. Who knows what hollyweird is up to, i wouldn't put anything past them PR people.
Of course it could be this was a real but slightly forced coming out for her, which the PR machine very much took advantage of, telling her it would be a very good time to come out now, you would also be supporting your new movie... and maybe ellen got paid too, for the PR move, of coming out, but really she would not have come out other wise, but she got paid well
hollyweird sickens me, they will use any truth about an actor to push a movie, and pay the actor to let them use private things for PR

AC

Ellen Page is amazing and has a lot of courage!

Can't say much for the comment section. I perceive a lot of insecurities!

Rolm

Another freak of nature no one cares these days it's a big yawn, now shut up a bought it and start muff diving.

HammerU

Who cares..

BB not bb

She is annoying so I am not too gay having to listen to her. . As far as gayness, I have never seen her look very happy. She seems like someone who is down on everything in life. I guess that makes her down on her sexuality also. It is ironic that homos are called gay because they seem like the most complaining miserable bunch of people ever.

It's Me

That is okay keep hiding we don't care about your sexual orientation.

Maria

Good for her !!!!! No one should be ashamed to show who they really are.

newsjunkie69

Good for you, Ellen.

Jenny

First of all, I thought this was common knowledge. Second, does anyone care that much about someone else's sexual preferences? I don't. Every time someone makes a huge, attention whoring deal about coming it, I'm like, "So?"

NatCat

That is sort of ironic. I have been reading this novel Picking Up Strays. The main character is a bisexual female cop and I thought Ellen Page would be good for the leader character. I wondered if she would have a problem playing a bi character . Guess not.