Ellen Page

'I Am Gay'

2/14/2014 8:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ellen Page -- who hit Hollywood hard with "Juno" -- just came out in pretty spectacular fashion -- declaring she's gay and saying, "I am tired of hiding and I am tired of lying by omission."

The 26-year-old actress formally unveiled her sexuality at the HRC's Time to Thrive event, an LGBT conference designed to help the LGBT youth, saying, "I am here today because I am gay ... and because maybe I can make a difference."

Page said, "I suffered for years because I was scared to come out.  My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered and my relationships suffered.  And I'm standing here today, with all of you, on the other side of the pain."

Her next big film is "X-Men:  Days of Future Past."  Hollywood will embrace Ellen ... it will be interesting to see if studio big wigs will do the same.

CremeBrulee

I wish Lena Dunham would come out as gay. I'm so sick of her pasty, pear shaped alkie body naked all over the place. At least if she were gay Hollywood would have to cover her a little more, not as much as I would like. And YES, Lena I have a problem with your gross body and fat Jughead Apatow's, as well!!

Deeman93

Gay? All she needs is a ****atoo... It will fix her right up....

ryan

Funny how in gay relationships one acts like a guy and one acts like a girl.If u want someone that acts like the opposite sex...why not just be with the opposite sex.

psycho nurse

Fellow TMZ commenters...I have decided to make an announcement. I do not wish to live a lie and love us a beautiful thing. (*dramatic deep breath and exhale*) I am straight.

Nobody Special

Half the girls out there are gay and love to munch a bunch at lunch while no one is looking.

Even when you have a 3-way with 2 girls, that makes em gay. But nothing is more fine'a than two Vickys together with no holds barred.

And I'm not talk'in about Cough Syrup Beaver.

JMP

Phew, thank god, that means she is NOT dating Alexander Skaarsgard :P Yo go girl!

DiM

I seriously thought she was out already. Maybe just everyone around Halifax knew??
Anyway, loved her as a youngster in Tralier Park Boys and just finished watching her make To Rome with Love prettier. : )

Deeman93

Now she can stop shaving her armpits.... That's what Lesbians do... Right? And they like to scissor and eat carpets together... I got that much from South Park...

Taliaaa

I knew she was gay, I was surprised to see her dating a guy. Glad she had the courage to come out

Scottpso4

No crap, she can go as Melissa ethridges little sister.

Unbroken Chain

Alwahs assumed she was. I don't think this is news to anyone

Scottpso4

She's going to have to change her name though. Ellen Degenerous is the only Ellen lesbian I will accept. She's the ****!

BarryRolaid

Ok. And?

CremeBrulee

What exactly was this announcement supposed to accomplish? Any actor in Hollywood who's not a complete moron knows that coming out is career suicide AND ALWAYS WILL BE. The masses look to Hollywood as fantasy, and it's gotten to the point where GLAADs agenda is shoved diwn our throats irl every day. When most people go to the movies, we want Casablanca, not Brokeback Mountain!

Patrick

A fine speech, but most people pretty much knew. Maybe she was telegraphing it, or maybe she was just being herself, but it was somewhat obvious.