« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Barry Switzer

Reverse Racism at Oklahoma

I Wouldn't Recruit WHITE QBs

2/27/2014 12:16 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

022714_barry_switzer_launch

Legendary football coach Barry Switzer just admitted he had a racist mentality when he coached the Oklahoma Sooners ... but it's not what you think ... the guy says he refused to recruit certain WHITE players.

Switzer appeared "The 8-1-1" radio show on WNSR in Nashville, TN this morning ... and said, "I've always said I'd never recruit a white quarterback."

"I said the only way I'd ever recruit a white quarterback to play for me ... his mom and daddy would have to both be black."

Swizter says he believed black quarterbacks like Jamelle Holieway, J.C. Watts and Thomas Lott were better runners and ball-carriers ... and therefore fit better in his wishbone offense.

There does seem to be one exception ... Switzer recruited Troy Aikman ... and last we checked, dude was pretty white.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

bernergirl

Why can't we just recruit talent? What a moronic thing to say.

taffy84

As a white guy who went to school with a lot of black kids I was always pick last at gym for teams. rightfully so I was horrible this guy is rite black people most of the time are just better at sports

Teresa andrews

Completely ignorant and racist thing to say. He is practically saying that blacks were bred to be better athletes, etc.

Scottpso4

Now if it was the other way around and the he said he would recruit black people this guy would be fired and his house would be lit on fire. The National Association for White People will be... No wait, they won't bc the NAAWP would be considered racist. I guess we'll just sit here and take it bc they were slaves 300 years ago and we still owe them I guess.

Scottpso4

*wouldnt recruit black people

crissypeach

Its only racist if you are white and say something about blacks. Thus why we have African American month but not Native American month. And why its ok to have all black collages, tv networks and groups but not white counter parts. Heck if I made a white online dating site I would be in court faster then I could blink. But hay white = racist , black = free speech, freedom of opinion

F'U

Oooh Boy! Here we go again,why is it always mainly white people, or black people who focus so much on someone's race/nationality/and ethnicity.Okay!Everyone's intitled to their own opinions, but these two groups of people's seems to be very opinionated of each other.

Danielle

Lol, if white players are so bad why are there Payton Manning and Tom Brady, etc

Chris

I prefer Jewish lawyers, Italian chefs, French women, and most important, Mexican drug dealers. What race am I? Why the f**k does that matter?

Jaderyb

wtf that's not 'reverse racisim' that's just plan racism!!!

billy

LMBAO! !!!

Shady12321

Reverse racism? There is no such thing you freaking morons! Discrimination towards and color is racism anyone that's not in a coma knows that, this site is so far left and anti-heterosexual it's unbelievable

howboutit

Well the current coach won't play black quarterbacks so I guess it evens out

HilleeB

There's no such thing as "Reverse Racism". Racism is racism regardless of the race being discriminated against. Stupid story TMZ.

Vote2012

Those evil white guys...white guys can't run as fast or jump as long. Any race can dump on the white race and nothing ever happens, everybody knows the black man has that extra bone in their leg to make them run faster.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments