« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

WWE Star Jerry Lawler

Andre the Giant Was a Legend

... At The Bar

3/23/2014 12:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

032114_jerry_lawler_launch_v2The only undefeated pro wrestling champ ... when it comes to drinking ... is Andre the Giant -- so says another WWE legend -- Jerry "The King" Lawler.

Before he was announcing, Lawler used to wrestle and hang with the French giant -- and tells us A.T.G. could drink more than anyone he knows ... or YOU know, for that matter.

As Jerry walked out of LAX ... he also revealed the exact amount of beer it took to get 7'4", 500 lb. Andre drunk, and let's just say ... George Lopez would be proud.

Definitely ... Eighth Wonder of the World.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

BLUE UGLY 💩

7'4 isn't that tall

NOT ELMO

I HEAR HULK HOGAN FARTED ON JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER'S FACE..........AND JERRY LOVED IT

Satan

These stories about Andre are all fabricated. I think stories about Sabu and Sandman's drug binges have more truth to them.

lolpetewtf

It's funny to see/hear him being completely normal and down to earth. Big fan of The King!

BigSamStewart

It makes me happy to see The King on TV every week. I haven't forgotten how close we came to losing him and I won't be taking him for granted any time soon.

BigSamStewart

It may surprise people to know that Jerry Lawler has never had a sip of alcohol in his life. Or a cigarette for that matter.

arforama

Thinking Andre was hung like a farm animal....

The Zombie

It would have been funny to hear Andre slurring with that voice. Of today's wrestlers, who would you go out drinking with? I'd say Undertaker. Or AJ Lee just because I'd try to get in her pants.

WTF

This is very old news. If you watched his biography story which was on TV years ago you already knew he could throw really them down.

FastNOC

yeah there's some real rocket science going on in here. the man with the largest mass of anyone you've ever known can drink a lot.

brilliant

Lisa

Did that pap just blow him off when he moved in to shake his hand?

Calico

Jerry seems very nice, and he was patient with the interviewer - class act!
He reminds me of Drew Carey a bit : )

harveyisalwaysright

Yeah. This isn't any new information TMZ. Anyone who is a wrestling fan older than 25 knows he could outdrink anyone.

Chris

When TMZ business is slow, they report on dead people.

james

I knew he drank 139 beers in some hotel bar and passed out in the lobby and no one could move him , so they just left him passed out on the floor . I recently read when he was really thirsty for beer he'd drink a case in about 9 minutes . He told Letterman in an old interview he had quit drinking beer but he still drank wine . Letterman asked how much wine and Andre said 2 or 3 bottles , but Andre bought gallon sized bottles . I also saw a photo of a beer in his hand and I would say it looked about like the average person holding a thimble .

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments