« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ex-NBA Player Eric Williams

I'm Homeless

4/21/2014 12:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0212-eric-williams-01
Former NBA player Eric Williams -- who spent 12 seasons in league -- says he is homeless and broke … this according to legal docs obtained by TMZ Sports.

Williams -- who also appeared on "Basketball Wives" -- made the shocking statements in a letter he wrote to a Colorado court recently explaining why he could not attend a child support hearing in CO earlier this month.

Among the reasons, Williams says a "court-ordered citation for me to appear was not delivered to my home address as I have no home."

Williams -- who's on the hook for more than $24k in unpaid support to the mother of his 13-year-old son -- also says his financial situation is so dire, he can't afford airfare and has no money to pay a lawyer.

In his letter, Williams says he is currently a volunteer at an unnamed non-profit organization -- and says, "I'm in the rebuilding stages of my life."

We reached out to Williams for comment. So far, no word back. For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

southsidequeen

I do not believe this story. He has to have some money somewhere.

TnAhoes

Loser. Learn how to manage your millions you ape.

LoveDontLiveHere

Humble yourself willingly, or God will humble you eventually.

Milton B'arch Bradley

No bling bling management courses in da hood. It's a cultural thaaang G! But hey it's still Bush's fault!

huh??

Hey TMZ,

you said Eric Williams' son is 13 but in another article you said the boy was born in "Jan/Feb 2011" which would make him 3-yrs-old. Which one is it?

Marisol

I don't believe a word of this story. Some people will stoop to any level to avoid paying child support....pathetic

albrtr

He was a loser since his days at PC

Market

I guarantee he's not broke! This is brilliant plot to avoid child support PAYMENTS! I would bet all I have that after 12 years in the league, he has baby MOMMA'S not just baby momma!

Anne

Life is just too short just for being homeless. He needs to find a high paying job and a new housing for himself. Best of luck to Eric Williams.

The Ruthless

This guy has always been an idiot!

lidopete

You mean he never graduated from college??? What a shock........

Desertdogg58

He says that he can't afford airfare and has no money to pay a lawyer. Isn't that about 75 percent of the working world? Get a job and THEN you can complain!

MyTake

wrong...

A Sports Illustrated article reports the grim statistics -- 78 percent of NFL players face bankruptcy or serious financial stress within just two years of leaving the game and 60 percent of NBA players face the same dire results in five years.

I'd classify this as most.

s mjones

karma...think about the treatment of your ex wife on basketball wives...karma

David

Man, dude earned more than $40 million over 12 years. Where the heck did all the money go?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments