George Clooney

Engagement Secret Blown

By Fiancee's Big Mouth Law Firm

4/28/2014 8:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

George Clooney Engaged Amal AlamuddinThe George Clooney has taken great pains to NOT discuss his personal life ... but his fiancee's law firm just blew the lid off of George's secret.

Amal Alamuddin's firm just issued a statement congratulating the happy couple.

The statement reads, "The barristers and staff of Doughty Street Chambers offer their best wishes and congratulations to Ms Amal Alamuddin, a member of Chambers, and Mr George Clooney on their engagement to be married."

Alamuddin is a big-time international lawyer, who has represented big names, including Julian Assange.

Clooney and Alamuddin dined at Nobu Thursday in Malibu and she was spotted wearing what LOOKED like an engagement ring ... sparking rumors that Alamuddin locked down the man that many, many women were unable to lock down before her.

Well done, Amal. Well done.

update_graphic_red_bar
11:42 A.M. PDT --  George's dad, Nick Clooney, also confirmed the engagement to TMZ, saying he and his wife are very happy for them. "We are thrilled ... my wife and I are absolutely thrilled ... we are excited for both of them. Amal is a very lovely girl."

Machelle

Well done indeed.

justahippy60

Well there goes one more "pity" marriage . I was hoping when I wrote him to ask him to marry me as my last dying wish, he'd still be single.

Judy L

I find it curious for a man, who is so intent on keeping mum about his personal life, he seems to pick women who continuously blow his cover. Stacy Kiebler had her Twitter account and now this woman has her entire law firm. BTW, speaking of lawyers (nothing personal, Harvey) never, never, never hook up with a lawyer and certainly don't marry one, George.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners

Good for him. She's beautiful and has brains!

Master P

If you watch closely, only ONE of the people in the above picture are HAPPY. And it ain't ole Georgy. It's grinny horseface.

static

Nobody but the most gullible is buying any of that.

Black Adam

He only goes for tall Women because he secretly wants another Dude.

Keyser Söze

So that's all it took - a (sorta) hot chick who could hold a conversation with Clooney.

CJ

This is in reaction to Stacy getting married and pregnant.

Judy

Gee, I don't believe I'd want to do business with a law firm that shares private information with the media.

Rectum? Damn Nearly Killed Him!

Glad to see she shaved her stash... What kind of name is Anal Analuddin.... No wonder Clooneys marrying her. She's a back door chick

Hans Gruber

How many fake relationships does George Clooney have to go through before his latent homosexuality comes out of the closet? Does Hollywood realize he got his start sitting at the end of Mrs. Garret's candy store on the Facts Of Life before being cast on Roseanne.

The guy can't act and plays himself in every role.

bring back recent posts

They are engaged so fast I bet because he was going to lose her. No way would she sign one of his confidentiality agreements, which intrigued him even more. I wouldn't be surprised at all he also never gave her the whole spiel he gives everyone about never going to marry again. For once he was enticed by a independent successful woman who wasn't going to play his game. Classic case of " put a ring on it or I am out of here" she is a good lawyer...lol

Ellen

I don't believe it for a second that it will last or if they even make it. Is it because Stacey Kiebler got married so fast and now he want to prove something? Not the way to do it!

lowie

Congrats George that's one fine piece of tail