Bush's Chief of Staff

Re-enacts

Infamous 9/11 Quote

5/2/2014 6:21 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

050214_andy_card_launch_v2Andy Card -- chief of staff for George W. Bush while he was President -- probably has the most famous quote of all-time that was not heard at the time ... and he re-enacted it this morning for TMZ.

Card was in D.C. this morning -- coincidentally signing the famous photo taken on September 11, showing him telling the President about the World Trade Center attack.

He then stoically repeated what he told the President that day ... and it's sure to send chills down your spine.

0502_andy-card_george-bush_getty

TuxThePenguin

oh, geez...here we go. no celebrities to write about today? pathetic.

rcytrcy01@yahoo.com

I don't know how to feel about this video. I don't know whether to be irritated with TMZ or the Chief of Staff.

Just A Random Thought

Sigh.........the thought bubble above Bush's head reads, "Can we get a Happy Meal before we go"??

fonzie

He sounds rather proud. Like he likes the attention of the camera. Oh well.

spock

neat

TuxThePenguin

what I meant before I was "told off;" (eye roll), this is not celebrity news.

Ace

I never noticed President Obama in the background before.

Vote2012

I felt much safer with Bush in the White House then I do with Obama in the White House. Obama is spineless , our enemies no longer fear us, and the few friends we have left don't trust us.

Kristinajp

It didn't send just send chills down my spine it made me cry again. Has anyone noticed there was zero attacks after 9/11 for the rest of the Bush term. He put into place measures that we would at least get warning signs and be able to stop attacks. Since then this administration has changed what obviously worked and a dozen or so attacks have happened. Hopefully this president will be neutered come this nov in the elections.

Pudding Tang

"Oh goody, we get to torture more people now."

BLUE UGLY đŸ’©

Bush's incompetence is why 9/11 happened, he didn't keep us safe

BLUE UGLY đŸ’©

Reading "my pet goat" while NY burned, what a douche

BobMac

I can't say I was a fan of George Bush, but the pressure of being the leader during something like that has to be insane. I will never forget the moment I heard that a second plane hit, and my eyes and facial expression probably resembled his.

Denver

The look on Skippy's face was disappointment that he wont be able to find out what happened to the pet goat in the story book. He then called President Cheney to find out what to do. Then he had a pop tart with a yoohoo and took a nap.

Truth

Obama would have blamed it on the United States, and apologized immediately to the world.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments