Leslie Jones

Slavery Puts Her On SNL Map

... For Better or Worse

5/6/2014 12:02 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
TMZ TV

050514_leslie_jones_launch

SNL writer Leslie Jones became a star performer for the show with her outrageous slavery themed sketch that was definitely sketchy -- but also pretty hilarious.

Although that might depend on who you ask ... and the person you're asking better not work at Ebony.

tmz-on-tv-3

Missy

Are you kidding me? Black comedians make jokes about white people all the time??!! They're jokes....get over it!!!!!

Missy

Stop being so sensitive, don't like it...turn the channel. But it's okay for the black comedians to joke about whites??? Every race is a target for jokes! Stop your whining & crying about it!!

Tess Tuckles

Black people weren't offended by this. Not those with knowledge of self. White people are saddened by this,because it's at th e root of their privilage. Racists hate discussing this stuff for the same reason wealthy people never discuss finances. A taste of your own cooking,huh? This is what Malcolm died for. This is what MLK died for. She spoke the tru th and I ****ing looooove it. She wasnt crawling around like a idiot,begging a cracker to make her feel good,so its "too much". She not acting out some scandal so its "too much". I've never heard of Halle Berry or Kerry whussaface standing for ****. It's refreshing to witness a smart black woman on the telly. Notice:she only named males. It was very topical and theres no one else in the cast(with balls),who couldve handled it better. This is a womans issue more or less.

B4-I-FU-RU-18?

Now that SNL has that new Black girl. Her material falls flat.

Yayatlws :0)

LESLIE JONES is Great I thought I had missed something the way everyone was going on about it . Wake up America funny is funny I liked it Shaquille ,laBron, hahaha

Shannon

Big Les brought up a topic many people wouldn't dare touch. Ya'll too used to L&HH! I aint mad at her. In a grown up society we should be able to talk about our brutal history.

Mary Jane

The widespread rape of Black Women that took place during slavery is not funny. I understand why Leslie thought it was. She is uneducated about her racial history all she is trying to do is stay on the show and make a dollar at any cost. White people do not respect or belive the atrocities that were committed against Black women so its laughable to them. I bet if I joked about children being cooked in the ovens they would not think it was funny. Same difference. This crap really happened. TMZ hosts and cohosts have consistently showed us how dumb they are.

Grobzugig

Slavery was the best thing to happen to the Negro. Go take a look at what is going on in Africa. Every negro should praise The Lord that their ancestor where caught, chained and delivered to these United States of America!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2