« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ray Rice

I'M SO SORRY

Wife: I'm Sorry Too

5/23/2014 11:53 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

052314_ray_rice_launch
Ray Rice and his wife Janay Palmer just addressed the media TOGETHER -- both expressing regret for the violent incident at a NJ casino back in February.

Ray spoke first ... apologizing to the Ravens ... and adding, "I also want to apologize to my fans, to the kids, to anyone who's affected by this situation that me and my wife were in."

Ray said the two have gone through counseling and feel the experience has helped them out as a couple -- "Throughout this time, we really had time to reflect on each other."

"No relationship is perfect, but me and Janay together, when counseling is done for us, we want the world to see that it did help us out."

Janay also spoke and said, "I deeply regret the role I played in the incident that night."  Neither Janay nor Ray gave any details about what led up to the incident and what happened inside the elevator.

Ray added, "Me and Janay wish we could take back those 30 seconds of our life."

For the record, Ray never admitted to striking Janay that night ... despite the fact he was arrested for assault. He also never mentioned the video showing him dragging Janay out of the elevator.

As far as the criminal case goes, Rice recently struck a deal with prosecutors to enter a pretrial intervention program -- a program that allows defendants to avoid prosecution pending the completion of a specific set of rehabilitative conditions.

If he can satisfy those requirements, prosecutors will drop the 3rd degree aggravated assault charge.

021914-ray-rice-launch-3 For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Waka Waka Waka

Awwwww that's nice..... Now back to Kim's and kanyes wedding... Laits!!!!!

K South West

Maybe her brain is still rattled from the knockout

jc

Rice apologized to a lot of people during that press conference, except his wife.

Ronni

PoS. No apology for being a raving lunatic and wife beater? Idiot wife doesn't realize she'll get killed next time. And while you're taking lessons, try some English classes.

jc

Janay Rice says she deeply regrets the role that her lack of consciousness played the night of the incident.

msssangel

Look at the body chemistry & how far apart they are...all is not well. Oh btw...I have no idea who these people are. Carry on.

Truth

WOW! RAVENS LOGO AND UNDER ARMOUR ADS IN THE BACK. EVEN DURING A WIFE BEATING INCIDENT THE NFL STILL GETS THEIR ENDORSEMENTS IN. MONEY TALKS... FOLLOW THE MONEY TRAIL GOODELL. #TRUTH!!

Ryuga the Dragon Emperor

She deserved it.

Sally M

Wow another violent elevator incident...who knew this crap went on. I feel quite mellow in elevators due to boring music!

boo boo

I'm also sorry....that you're marriage is doomed because it's built on a foundation of regret resulting from violent rage. He knocked her out cold then dragged her down the hall!

Deetch

I'm sure OJ said the same thing to Nicole Brown Simpson.......

Deetch

Apparently his wife didn't learn a damn thing from Michael Jace and the woman he just killed!!!

nof

I hit a girl when I was about Ray's age - it's the ugliest feeling a man can have or get.

But it started me towards the path of insight and recovery.

Which has included almost lifelong sobriety - years of therapy - something else Ray/Janay didn't touch on.

I grew up around Domestic Violence - it was aimed at our Mom, at my siblings and I - and it was 24/7 scary.

We don't realize all the damage that does - and/or how it de-personalizes women and kids.

Now this has nothing to do with Ray/Janay's parents - upbringing, etc. - I'm praying Ray and Janay's was different - that they didn't have to see/feel that.

But we men are quick to use our fists, tongues and tempers solve a lot of our problems.

So for me that was the last time I ever raised my hand to a woman - never happened again.

Instead it sent me in the opposite direction.

A domestic violence expert.

Ray and Janay can become experts - visit kids - visit shelters - take classes, etc.

They're good people - Ray Rice should get another chance just like I did.

Much love to Janay - this had to be hard for her.

DetroitRocks

Battered women everywhere now hate her guts

my2cents

He sounds like a compulsive liar and a complete moron.

She needs to buy some confidence and a backbone, but she's probably waiting for them to go on sale.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments