Justin Bieber

Black Ex-Bodyguard Says

He's Not a Racist

6/1/2014 9:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Justin Bieber RacistJustin Bieber's ex-bodyguard says the 5-year old video of J.B. telling a joke using the n-word multiple times does NOT make the singer a racist ... just a bad joke-teller.

Kenny Hamilton -- Beiber's bodyguard during his rise to fame -- took to Twitter to defend his former employer ... saying, "We all make jokes about people's size, look, or race. That doesn't mean it's right but comedians make millions of dollars profiting off these jokes."

The ex-bodyguard adds, "If someone is racist or prejudice you would know from a persons actions. Not because of a joke a 15 year old says. Yes he said some bad jokes and I know if he could he would take back what was said."

As we previously reported ... sources connected with Bieber say the singer is "frustrated and sad" about the video being released and will address it publicly.

"As a black man I am telling the world that @justinbieber is not a racist." says Kenny. Adding, "I have known him since he was 12 years old and I know his heart."

For what it's worth, we're told the tweet wasn't done at the behest of Scooter or Justin.

Kenny recently took an executive position at Beats Music -- but is still in regular touch with Biebs.

053114_justin_bieber_launch

Doodlebug

Justin you don't have to address the public no one cares ... You are old news ..

Farrakhan Ashy Larry

He told one racist joke, no problem. It's the people who make it a habit, that's who you have to look into.

Kenneth D. Frazier

Ok Folks , I am not a Bieber fan ; BUT let's take a look here . This was a 15 Year old KID ... Teenagers and many young people tell jokes that are not politically correct to impress their friends / peers etc ..
NO; I don't think this makes the Bieb a racist at all ..he was a kid , being a kid ......

D-INCARNATION

That joke is as old as time I think I heard Yahweh tell it once or twice...

xbjllb

Beiber's not racist... he pays his slaves too well.

Just like Sterling.

Grandma Cracker

Oh just stop. This was before he discovered that he wanted to be a black guy.

Bobo Frog

This is a non-story. He's not racist, and I don't even like him.

HereToTellit

I can't stand this kid to tell you the truth, but this is reaching. I'm sure everyone has told an off colored joke in their lifetime. Especially the person who even posted the story.

Tori S.

"Ex-Black Bodyguard..."

I wouldn't trust the word of someone who somehow managed to stop being the race they were born as. However, if it was his black ex-bodyguard...

Phoenicks

And I believe, without a shadow of a doubt, that Justin Bieber uses the "N" word on a daily basis more than an entire Katt Williams comedy set.

Litterial

So Bieber's bodyguard used to be black but isn't any longer? Since the bodyguard is still African-American in the above photo, can TMZ post a picture of the newly non-black bodyguard?

Brian

I don't believe what these bodyguards say. He hires the mentally handicapped to begin with. That way he tells them to do something and they do it. They can't be trusted to know what's going on.

Jim

Mr. Hamilton: Your check is ready to be picked up.

Leave-Britney-Alone

Why is this coming out right now? I mean I know he was underage then, but why not when he was 18? Seems like you are just looking to stir pots, TMZ.

Jeffrey

So you guys are saying Kenny is no longer black? "Ex-black bodyguard"